• Can't change tactics or starting XI for U21s.

-GT-
    • Public Status: Known Issue Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

The team I'm managing Barnet FC only has a u18 at the beginning of each save. After spending many seasons with them and getting promoted through the ranks we finally found ourselves in the championship. The summer before the 28/29 seasons is about to begin my board asks me if I want to participate in the u21 divison and henceforth getting a u21 team. I accept and take control of training to have it pop up as an individual team instead of just being a tab in the development center. Then comes the problem, when I try to customize so the u21 team uses the same tactics as my professional squad the tactic screen is just completely empty, no positions on the screen, I can't pick mentality, instructions or use quick pick etc. So I can neither select a starting xi or customise the u21s tactics as I've been able to with my u18s.  After looking up the problem I see that this has been an issue since FM23 and is to this day still not fixed which I and many other find quite annoying and destroys the immersion. I've tried some of the suggested workaround like giving back all control to the u21s staff and then selecting my tactic on the more "simple" tactic screen showed in the development center but nothing has worked. I also saw a staff of SI suggest retiring my manager and adding a new one to get past it but that ruins the whole point of the game in my eyes, which is expiring your managerial journey and working your way up through the ranks. I just hope we can get some sort of timeline of when this issue will be resolved or at least get some regular updates on your progress since this is hindering me experiencing the game how I want to.      

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @-GT-

This is a known issue we have logged but not one we're going to be able to resolve this cycle unfortunately. 

This issue only occurs for teams who do not start with an U21 team.

As you mention there is a get around currently with resigning as your current manager although I understand this is not ideal. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @-GT-

This is a known issue we have logged but not one we're going to be able to resolve this cycle unfortunately. 

This issue only occurs for teams who do not start with an U21 team.

As you mention there is a get around currently with resigning as your current manager although I understand this is not ideal. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

@Zachary Whyte  So if I understand correctly you won't be able to fix this during FM24s lifespan? Are there no other way to get around it since I really don't want to lose all the accolades and progress I made as my manager, the goal is to become a club legend. Would I be able to get around it if I bought the editor and then resigned and used the editor to take back control with the same manager?

• SI Staff

So I just tested your idea with the IGE and yes that did work as a get around.

Terminated contract, moved back to club, selected first tactic, went to U21 team. 

If you send me your save file in a direct message, I can make this edit for you and then send you back the save file?