• Unable to set more than 2 players to 'stay back'

jayedson
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Attacking set pieces - unable to ask more than 2 defenders to 'stay back'. Stay back if needed doesn't provide the desired functionality unless the AI keeps more than 2 players forward.

This is especially important for time-wasting / park the bus tactics and something I'd also like to employ for direct free kicks in 'shooting range' as I don't need my centre backs in the box in this case. If the opposition keeper catches the ball or the opposition end up winning the ball without the ball going out of play, my centre backs need to sprint back into position, wasting stamina and potentially being caught out of position.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I agree on this one, it appears you can only set two defenders to stay back unconditionally, while others can be set to stay back if needed.

I want to be able to create routines for situations in the last few minutes where I'm defending a narrow lead in which my whole back four stay back with my defensive midfielder set to stay back if needed so that we keep numbers back and retain some defensive shape to prevent counter-attacks, while the set piece is played short and possession is retained.

Edited by LoneIbex

Ok, so not a bug but we've lost functionality from FM23 when you could set the entire back 4 to stay back if you wished.

Could create a different routine where the CBs stay back but then the full backs are up out of position so still doesn't achieve the desired outcome of keeping 4 or more players back.

I'll drop something in feature requests if not already there.

I agree with this. I can't add more defenders and my assistant continually says we don't have enough back on free kicks which continually leads to counter attack goals for the AI. We need more options to defend in these situations.