• Roles in the AM and ST stratas are for decoration

skyzekaizo
    • Public Status: Open Save Game: last save overwrite backup.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hi,

So as I was frustrated of playing roles that were not behaving like they should (F9, IF). I decided to run a test with other roles and...

Right now, no matter which role you are playing in the ST strata, the only thing that slightly changes is the rate of runs forward based on the duty of the striker.

If you play a striker on support duty, he will sit in between the opp defensive line and the opp DM, wait for the ball and occasionally attack the def line. 

If you play it on attack duty he'll sit on the def line and run behind the line more, that's it. Okay maybe the rate of runs in behind will change slightly between a P, an AF and a CFa, but all in all it's the same role with different names.

The instructions to roam and move into channels (without PPM) are for decoration and basically do not work, the roles are also for decoration because they all behave the same depending on if you play attack/support duty. 

Also, the IW/IF/W roles differ only by their names without the appropriate PPMs. I can't count how many times I've seen my IF and IW run down the flank and cross like they are wingers. I remember that in the feature road map, there was a statement about players making less runs down the flanks and slowing down as they progress. I don't remember seeing this in game.

Could you please change the behaviour of roles in the attacking third so that they each behave differently?

Also could you please fix the instructions to move into channels and roam from position, and allow players to overload zones intelligently?

The players recognize when a zone is occupied by another player, and refrain from occupying the same space, that's cool, it brings structure and avoid width collapsing. But if every player stay static in his zone and waits for a pass, not only is this not realistic, it's also so easy to defend against, to press players down and the game feels like table foosball and not football. The game should allow 2 players or more to occupy the same zone, at least momentarily.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.