• Offside / VAR Bug

IRL_Hunter

See screen recording attached, also sent to SI Cloud along with saved game (Screen recording is named: 'Match Engine VAR offside recording').

Not sure if it's intentional, my assumption would be it's not. In the clip provided it seems the goal has been flagged offside due to the pass being 'intended' to go to a player in an offside position, however, it is received by a player in an onside position and the game cites the offside player who doesn't interact with the action at all as offside and in turn disallows the goal. I'm not familiar with any new offside/VAR mechanics in this versions game however, if there were a new(ish) offside mechanic for players blocking goalkeepers sight-lines in offside positions it may be a bug from something of that nature. During the game in real-time, the offside players name was highlighted when the pass was played (having played FM for 15 years I know that means the player who's name pops up is involved in the phase of play), however, in the replay he is not until the commentary calls it out in the commentary bar. As mentioned before, I'm not entirely certain where this bug lies, but player behaviour was the closest description I could find. Furthermore, I again am not certain whether incorrect decisions like this are intended to be in the game but judging by the post match press conference the game did not detect any controversies (barring a generic "VAR intervened again today, what are your thoughts" rather than something specific about the decision").  Anyway, thanks for all the work you do.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments