• Goalkeepers can't save (saved one shot in 4 games)

corrynation

This is a FREQUENT and very big problem, but to just solidify it, Ramsdale went 4 games in a row (pkms posted below) conceding SIX while saving 1 shot from all those games.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this but please don't bother claiming it's tactics.  .xG is the calculation of the quality of the chances, and only shots on target factor when it comes to keeper performance. Blaming aggressive tactics, then I only concede one shot on goal with an xG of .14, the expectation is on the keeper to do his job, obviously conceding that one chance will happen, but repeatedly then begs "what is he there for?"  Also for what it's worth, playing cautious and balanced frequently concedes ALL the possession and so many more shots against anyways in what I can only conclude is another flaw.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Be carefull raising this issue.

I have been warned for raising this issues.

SI has assured us there is nothing wrong with the game, despite plenty of examples of the opposite.

I had to switch back to Rambo.... Raya was doing... poorly and got injured. He'd averaged conceding 1 of every 3 shots on target for 12 games.
    Then I broke Rambo back. Playing cautious, best defense in the league, 64% possession. I conceded all FOUR shots on target, 3 in the last 10 minutes. total xg of the game was 1. Lloris stopped 3 of 5. 6 goals of 9 shots, total combined xG of 2.27. This. Is. Common. Possession strategy doesn't work, defensive mindedness doesn't work, and goalkeepers, don't work. My best clean sheets and possession have come from playing attacking aggressiveness.

Tottenham v Arsenal.pkm