• ''Set piece routines have not been set for the match''

rectorz
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I cant start an international match because I keep getting the message ''set piece routines have not been set for the match''. I have selected the options I want but still Im not able to start a match. Is it a bug or am I doing anything wrong? (Only happens with international matches). Please help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 21/10/2023 at 00:18, Zachary Whyte said:

Can you please upload your save file to our cloud. 

Did you receive my save file? I cannot start international matches with U21 teams due to ''set pieces not being set'' although I have completed them.

Have exactly the same Issue. Also Uploaded my save Game "FC Colechester.fm". Seems to only happen to national teams, in my Case U23 (not sure if youth national teams are the problems or all national teams)

On 23/10/2023 at 12:05, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @rectorz what is the name of the file you uploaded? 

I have an issue with Scotland U21 national team and the name of the save file is "Hamilton" (a club in Scotland) :)

I hoped with the release it would be fixed :/

Is there any possible estimation how long it will take until a fix will be released? I mean my save game is not playable like that (if i don't want to skip every national game --> which is not a purpose of training a national team), so its a game breaking bug. 

I normally don't want to complain and i think you really did a great job over the last year with the fm, and especially this years fm is really great. But it would be really cool to know when the game is playable for me, now that i preordered and the game is released (and the bug is known for more than 2 weeks).

On 06/11/2023 at 17:40, PetyrBaelish999 said:

I hoped with the release it would be fixed :/

Is there any possible estimation how long it will take until a fix will be released? I mean my save game is not playable like that (if i don't want to skip every national game --> which is not a purpose of training a national team), so its a game breaking bug. 

I normally don't want to complain and i think you really did a great job over the last year with the fm, and especially this years fm is really great. But it would be really cool to know when the game is playable for me, now that i preordered and the game is released (and the bug is known for more than 2 weeks).

Still not fixed. Trying a save with Scotland U21s - not anymore apparently! New features were always going to have teething problems but quite literally bricking the game and not allowing you to play any matches (or even use my instant result button on my skin) is laughable.

This is funny and sad at the same time, under 21's, 20's 19's and 18's are unplayable at the international stage. Save uploaded as "WTF SI.fm" Can we have a quick fix as its kind of crucial to be able to manage a football team in "Football Manager"...... Appreciate you guys taking the time to have a look at this though

Edited by casederik

On 09/11/2023 at 14:48, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, I can confirm we have this logged and it will be resolved in an upcoming update.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, do you know how long this is going to take to be fixed?

• SI Staff

Hello a current workaround for this issue is, retire the international manager, add a new one in and then select Staff -> Responsibilities -> Set Pieces -> Delegate to the Staff. You should then be able to proceed.