• issue with adding player to squad planner (club and country) by right-clicking on player name

Tim444
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I saw this with the central midfielders/defending midfielders, haven't checked it for other positions. It sometimes shows the central midfielder part and sometimes defending midfielder part, but it seems to be quite random, mostly I saw it being central midfielder part. Then I thought maybe it had something to do with the tactic focused on in the squad planner but after changing that to one with defending midfielders it didn't change. 

With the country squad planner it was focused on one tactic with defending midfielders and I indeed saw that while wanting to add a player via the national pool, but when I tried adding a player from my club (who is also a player for that country) via the club selection view (easiest way to find his name) I wanted to add him to my country squad planner and then the defending midfielder part was replaced with central midfield. However, I now suddenly got the ability to add him to the club squad planner as defending midfield instead of central midfield. I did change the focused tactic in club squad planner view to one with defending midfielders indeed, but that was quite a few clicks before that was an option in the right-click menu. 

Also, and let me know if I need to make another topic about this, but this may also be intentional, I can't add players to any position not used in my tactic in the squad planner by right-clicking on a player. Would be nice though if that could be possible. For example playing with two central defenders and instead of adding those players to both left central defender and right central defender adding them to the middle central defender one (the one not used in my tactic).

Second also, and, again, let me know if I need to make another topic about this, the processing between menus seems to be very smooth overall, but it takes quite a few moments more when I click at the squad planner button or when changing things in there. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey Zachary,

Just uploaded it, it's called "save for squad planner issues".

Renamed the first and second tactics (in club) to tactic with cm's and dm's to make it even easier.

The player I was talking about playing for both my club and my national team is David Odumosu, he's currently in the first sub spot. I know that he is a keeper and not a midfielder, but I used him to check it, and he was the only player I have in both teams. 

About the processing, just saw this post, maybe that's also the issue in my case, since I am also having huge shortlists. 

Thanks for checking!

• SI Staff

Hi @Tim444, I have tried looking at this and noticed that when you select your tactic from squad planner it will not update for when you're adding a player in. It will only update to the formation that you have present in your tactics. I tried this during International and adding to Club Squad Planner from there as well and it's whatever you have defaulted in your tactics, rather than what you have set in squad planner.

Please let me know if this is the issue you are speaking about or if I have got this wrong.

Thank you :)

Hey Ryan,

First of all, sorry for the late response.

I just tried what you said and yes that indeed works. 

But why having that option at the squad planner without this being clear?

Also being it this way, if using "any possible position" you can't add players this way (because that can never be a default tactic since it's more than 11 positions)

And what about the other things? 

• SI Staff
    7 hours ago, Tim444 said:

Hey Ryan,

First of all, sorry for the late response.

I just tried what you said and yes that indeed works. 

But why having that option at the squad planner without this being clear?

Also being it this way, if using "any possible position" you can't add players this way (because that can never be a default tactic since it's more than 11 positions)

And what about the other things? 

Hi, thank you for your response. Essentially this is just the way we intend for the feature to work. Like with anything, user feedback is important and I have made an internal note for this so that it can be looked at in the future. You will have to go to your tactics to ensure it is selected, however with using the DM/CM combination you can always move them to what you see suitable.

Hey Ryan,

Okay, and what about my last point, the slowliness? I already saw someone in another topic mentioning something about large shortlists, maybe this has something to do with it?

• SI Staff
    19 minutes ago, Tim444 said:

Hey Ryan,

Okay, and what about my last point, the slowliness? I already saw someone in another topic mentioning something about large shortlists, maybe this has something to do with it?

Yeah, so this is a separate issue that is being looked at as well :)