• Late bloomer development

borreicho
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Hi.

When I manage top clubs, I like to buy stanout players from lower divisions to see how they adapt to a different reality.

This save I bought Macauly Langstaff to Bright and he's great, scores lots of goals (and great goals).

But, altought he proved on the pitch being worth of being an important Brighton squad member, he's still doesn't get recognition.

The staff are always suggesting I let him go. His reputation doesn't grow. He's market valuation is low. The only clubs interest in him are low league clubs.

And he doesn't develop as a player even tough he's training with much better staff and team mates then when he was at Notts County.

I tough FM24 had a new feature were late "bloomers" would get a chance at development, but, at least in this specific case, this isn't happening.

And this would be important to have.

Vardy is the example everyone uses and remembers, but other players have done the same. 

New Everton signing, Beto, for example, was playing in the lower (the lowest of the lower) portuguese division just 4-5 years ago...

Thanks

image.thumb.png.c0bc38f336c4c3fcf4e2d10b483d5244.png

image.thumb.png.13a7f2d7782fab86df535fa80e06a607.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i'd like to add this one; i got this player in my Wrexham save, he was an important in my journey to promotion and got a great offer, as i needed to improve my finances i accepted, only to find out he's a late bloomer now...

image.thumb.png.58d02eb123d182dc3be8712670b762fb.pngimage.thumb.png.cb3d5f9987c72be9c991cb793d879737.png

I never really understood how late bloomers were ever supposed to work when the Potential Ability of a player is a fixed number tbh. Unless what it really means is that players can develop to their full potential after the age of 26, just as they would when they were younger? I don't think it's ever really been explained.

Edited by tezcatlipoca665