• Unable to verify advanced rules - no squad selected

gking92
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Apologies if this has already been raised, but I couldn't find a thread for this specifically.

I was trying to verify my advanced nation rules and was running into a bug with the Europa League that is usually either Chelsea or Juventus having "no squad selected for UEFA Europa League Group match on 21/9/2023". This was odd because I was editing nation rules, and not touching the continential rules in any way. But to check it wasn't something I had done, I went back and built a minimum working (or should that be failing?) example of the nation rules that give the same error. I've attached both .fmf and .xml files, as well as a screenshot of the in editor error message.

test_gib.fmf test_gib.xml

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You have extincted each team in Gibraltar. However, teams from Gibraltar will have qualified for the Champions League. That room is filled up by (likely) either Chelsea or Juventus.

Best way to fix this is to go to the European Cups and replace the Gibraltar team with one of your competition

As you can see in the screenshot Lincoln Red Imps FC does not have a nation set. That means the game will randomly on reputation pick another team to fill that gap. The same issue happens in the Europa Conference League.

image.thumb.png.cbe834aac2efbb0552cea68f2156ab2d.png

Unfortunately I have the same problem. The problem remains even if I remove all clubs from the UEFA competitions. I've been using the same data set since the FM20. I have always transferred this to the new version and it runs without any problems. With the current file I can also play the FM24 without any problems. This is a changed Wales league system. With extended, own rules. However, no changes are now possible. As of today I can no longer verify leagues because I always get this
    "UEFA Euro League, Chelsea has no squad selected"

Error in between works. I haven't changed any other rules except Wales's. The clubs vary depending on the run. Sometimes it's Chelsea, sometimes it's someone else.

I just can't find the solution. The error is also not related to changes to the league system/rules. I have only adjusted a few player details since the last verification.

Edit: I have solved the problem for myself. I added Chelsea to the Champions League and the error no longer appeared. Not even with Juve or Inter.

Edited by IvanBW02