• Advanced Editor - Incorrect Error

mhabridge
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Custom England.fmf Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hi,

I am creating a custom database for England.

I am getting the below error but I cannot understand why.

I have split this league into 2 groups with 40 teams overall, I want the top team to be promoted and the next 8 teams go into a playoff where 1 gets promoted.

image.png.6545174beda2f4f6f9b8c64a234e2575.png

I have Flexible Format Rules set.

I have set the overall promotion places in the system, I have also tried many different formats

image.thumb.png.f04ff65d43c57362f7f791131c1cf137.png

If I search for the 7 on the filter all I get is a custom date I added to play an additional game on 7th February.

image.png.fb6cd89d073a4f6402a822f61e8faa00.png

Any help would be appreciated as I just cannot understand or workout where it is getting this 7 from.

Regards

Matt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

The issue here is with the "Number Of Promotion Places" field in the second screenshot.

This field refers to the number of teams automatically promoted as a result of the attached stage (in this case, the two groups of 20 teams), resulting in 6 teams promoted from the group tables.

With the additional 1 team from the playoffs this results in 7 teams total being set for promotion, for which changing the "Number Of Promotion Places" field to 1 will resolve the error.