• Nashville/Huntsville affiliation not set

Gum
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

In real life, Huntsville City FC is the reserve/"B" team affiliate of Nashville SC, playing in the MLS Next Pro reserve league. 

However, in the game this affiliation is not reflected and it is impossible for you to move your players in between the two teams, unlike every other MLS team with an affiliate in the MLS Next Pro league.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff
    13 minutes ago, dukebone said:

Can we get an update on this, SI? MLS right now is unplayable.

Are you saying MLS is unplayable because of one missing affiliate link or something else?  If something else please elaborate.

The early access was after data lock for full release.  The correction to the affiliation has been completed in the database now (this was my mistake, I had put a B team place holder and missed updating it to HCFC when the separate identity was released). It will be corrected as soon as possible in the live version.

Until then, it is a very simple fix using the pre-game editor.  Load up the database, go to Nashville SC > Relationships > Current Affiliations and just swap Nashville SC 2 for hunstville City and you will have the correct functionality.  When you start your game, just ensure the data file is selected.

The international slots for MLS don't seem to update season to season. Nashville starts with 2 in the 2023 season and the next season stayed 2 when those clauses should filter back in from prior trades. For a league that doens't generate a ton of usable talent from the academies this makes things quite challenging squad building. Even a screen somewhere that shows the international clauses and their upcoming changes based on deals expiring would help immensely in squad building. I hope this helps, if not please let me know and I'll try to explain a different way.

2 hours ago, Al Clark said:

Until then, it is a very simple fix using the pre-game editor.  Load up the database, go to Nashville SC > Relationships > Current Affiliations and just swap Nashville SC 2 for hunstville City and you will have the correct functionality.  When you start your game, just ensure the data file is selected.

Sorry to double post but I need clarification: do you mean the pre-game editor that I would have to buy in addition to the game?

• SI Staff

the pre-game editor comes with the game as far as I know.  It's in in-game editor (IE save game editor) that was an additional purchase.  

• SI Staff
    3 hours ago, dukebone said:

The international slots for MLS don't seem to update season to season. Nashville starts with 2 in the 2023 season and the next season stayed 2 when those clauses should filter back in from prior trades. For a league that doens't generate a ton of usable talent from the academies this makes things quite challenging squad building. Even a screen somewhere that shows the international clauses and their upcoming changes based on deals expiring would help immensely in squad building. I hope this helps, if not please let me know and I'll try to explain a different way.

Okay, you were talking about the INTL slots.  Got it.  That has already been logged and is in-hand.  I apologize, it is a significant issue and has always worked fine.

15 minutes ago, Al Clark said:

the pre-game editor comes with the game as far as I know.  It's in in-game editor (IE save game editor) that was an additional purchase.  

Never knew that, so I will explore this. Thanks!