• FM24 Player Profiles: Realism?

fmdirektor
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

After playing FM24, unfortunately, I experienced deep disappointment in a certain aspect. The fact that some player profiles are almost identical to FM23 surprised me, and I believe this will negatively impact the player experience.

With the release of FM24, I was hoping to see updated player profiles reflecting the significant changes and transfers in the football world. However, many player profiles in the game are almost identical to FM23. This undermines the realism of the game.

Especially in the context of the Turkish league, having 48 player profiles with the same attributes or only a few changes gives the impression that the game does not adequately reflect the real-time changes in the football world. While playing the game, I was hoping to encounter current and diverse player profiles, but unfortunately, this expectation was not met.

I'm not here to specify values like increasing or decreasing a certain attribute. Because that's not my role, and I'm not in a position to provide +/- values. However, I have a question. The weights of the players in these 48 profiles are almost the same. I am genuinely curious about your comments on this. People can undergo changes, developments, or regressions over a one-year period. Among these 48 players, there might be individuals who gained or lost weight, built muscle, or even increased in height in real life. Why weren't these aspects reflected?

As players, we eagerly anticipate the fulfillment of our expectations for the realism and currency of your game. We look forward to seeing the improvements made in this regard with the release of the full version on November 6th.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Most of the players that you use as an example are players who just joined the Turkish league.  We will do our best to monitor them and reflect their current state over the coming months but players who come from abroad are rated by researchers who have seen them over the past season(s).

For the cases you mention that were in the Turkish database last year:

1. Yusuf Demir received an revision last January, after which time he played very little football.  When a player doesn't play, it's difficult to assess his current situation.

2. Mathias Ross is the same.  He had an injury, then barely played in the second half.

3. Erdogan Yesilyurt.  My Sivasspor AR tells me that he didn't need to change his attributes since he was happy with how he had rated him last January.

4. Atakan Kesgin.  Another player who barely played last season.

5. Taylan Antalyali.  I am guessing his performances last season didn't require a revision.  This is a possibility, of course.

6. Arnadud Lusamba and Ahmed Hassan.  Again our Alanyaspor AR says he looked over the players' attributes but didn't see the need to alter them for their performances since January.

7. Gokhan Tore is another player who has barely played.  Difficult to assess his current situation but he's already rated as a backup level player for the Turkish Super League.

In general, players receive revisions when researchers observe something different than what they already observed.  Player performances may fluctuate over time and the game already takes this into account with attributes such as consistency, important matches, natural fitness along with personal traits such as ambition, professionalism, determination etc.  So for example if you see that a player is performing poorly in his current situation, it may simply be because he already has poor pressure handling.  It may not necessarily mean he has become a worse player whose attributes need to be downgraded.

Most of the visible attributes reflect a player's skills which don't necessarily change drastically every few months.  So if a club researcher is happy with how a player is rated and the player performs as desired in the game, there isn't a lot of necessity or urgency to make changes.

6 saat önce, perpetua said:

Most of the players that you use as an example are players who just joined the Turkish league.  We will do our best to monitor them and reflect their current state over the coming months but players who come from abroad are rated by researchers who have seen them over the past season(s).

For the cases you mention that were in the Turkish database last year:

1. Yusuf Demir received an revision last January, after which time he played very little football.  When a player doesn't play, it's difficult to assess his current situation.

2. Mathias Ross is the same.  He had an injury, then barely played in the second half.

3. Erdogan Yesilyurt.  My Sivasspor AR tells me that he didn't need to change his attributes since he was happy with how he had rated him last January.

4. Atakan Kesgin.  Another player who barely played last season.

5. Taylan Antalyali.  I am guessing his performances last season didn't require a revision.  This is a possibility, of course.

6. Arnadud Lusamba and Ahmed Hassan.  Again our Alanyaspor AR says he looked over the players' attributes but didn't see the need to alter them for their performances since January.

7. Gokhan Tore is another player who has barely played.  Difficult to assess his current situation but he's already rated as a backup level player for the Turkish Super League.

In general, players receive revisions when researchers observe something different than what they already observed.  Player performances may fluctuate over time and the game already takes this into account with attributes such as consistency, important matches, natural fitness along with personal traits such as ambition, professionalism, determination etc.  So for example if you see that a player is performing poorly in his current situation, it may simply be because he already has poor pressure handling.  It may not necessarily mean he has become a worse player whose attributes need to be downgraded.

Most of the visible attributes reflect a player's skills which don't necessarily change drastically every few months.  So if a club researcher is happy with how a player is rated and the player performs as desired in the game, there isn't a lot of necessity or urgency to make changes.

Thank you for your response. I also appreciate the additional information about the profiles managed by the Turkish research team. I still believe that some changes are needed for certain profiles, and I felt it necessary to mention that. Hopefully, we'll see these changes on November 6th. I want to play the game in the most realistic way possible.

On a separate note, I suggest you take a careful look at the other topics I've opened (High-Value Transfers Made by Teams in Turkish Leagues, High-Value Transfers Made by Teams in Turkish Leagues (2), and others). AI transfers seem to be a significant issue, and resolving this problem by November 6th is of utmost importance. If there's anything I can do to help, I'm always here.

5 minutes ago, fmdirektor said:

On a separate note, I suggest you take a careful look at the other topics I've opened (High-Value Transfers Made by Teams in Turkish Leagues, High-Value Transfers Made by Teams in Turkish Leagues (2), and others). AI transfers seem to be a significant issue, and resolving this problem by November 6th is of utmost importance. If there's anything I can do to help, I'm always here.

Working on this at the moment.