• Fenerbahçe_Becao - Djiku

isiktaner
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I would like to talk about the duo of Djiku and Becao, who form the Fenerbahçe defense line. According to Djiku Becao, he stands out with her passes, cuts and toughness. Djiku is a much better passer. There is a visible difference between them in this regard. However, in the FM24 database, Becao's passing and vision skills are better than Djiku. The players I mentioned have just been transferred and I understand your reasons for not changing the profiles. However, the lack of a certain standard on this issue brings with it controversy. For example, we saw changes in the profile of Atila Szalai, who was previously transferred to Fenerbahçe. Due to the inconsistencies in this regard, the game is not very enjoyable. Considering the release date of the game, I think there is sufficient observation opportunity for new transfers. How correct is it to touch some new transfers and leave others untouched?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In general, I agree with your early assessments of Djiku and Becao.  We'll probably be able to make better assessments in January.

As for whether to change players just after their transfer or not, the general rule is that they shouldn't be adjusted drastically especially if they have been thoroughly researched at their previous club already.  I have noticed a tendency for some ARs to make huge wholesale changes to players who have just joined recently and often this has led to those same players ending up with very different attributes only a few months later.

You gave the example of Atilla Szalai.  He arrived with his passing attribute being rated at 12, was brought up to 14 immediately, then to 15 a year later, then to 13 a year later and finally ended up at 12 again.  As I see it, this is a result of making early decisions about a player only to later backtrack.  The same happened with his technique.  He arrived with a 9, then dropped to 8, then went to 12, then to 14, then to 12, then to 11 over a period of 2 years. 

I don't see this as a healthy way of conducting player research and we have to encourage assistant researchers not to come to quick decisions on a small sample of information.

While I understand the situation with Djuku and Becao is not ideal, it's also not possible for one individual to rate all players.  Since providing ratings for players across many borders is a big task, many people have to be involved.  And since different people can observe the same thing and come to different conclusions, such inconsistencies can, have and will likely continue to happen.  That doesn't mean we as researchers shouldn't strive to be more consistent across the board but this is no straightforward task.