• Xavi's Barcelona tactics and Ancelotti's Real Madrid

livelovemata
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Diogo da Mata - Sporting CP (v02).fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Why is Xavi's favorite tactic a 4-2-2-2 that has nothing to do with the way he plays in real life?

Takes a bit away the immersion seeing Barcelona play like this with players playing in positions that they don't play at
    image.thumb.png.26f9da2b734e6f8fafae4cb60161b32b.png

Barcelona plays a 4-3-3 out of possession and a 3-2-4-1

Ancelotti is playing a 4-3-3 in FM when in reality he plays a 4-3-1-2 or a -4-4-2 diamond formation 

image.thumb.png.6479ec3ec0ae3c5f0ad798fd75e619f8.png

I mean we've been seeing Bellingham play in that free roam kind false striker false 10 and the 4-3-3 doesn't have it. IN FM, we see Bellingham as an holding midfielder. non sense

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ancelotti's most frequent formation is a 4-3-2-1. He even wrote a book about that formation. That 4-3-3 formation seems accurate but swapping Camavinga and Bellingham. Jude normally start playing as CM.

Ancelotti is indeed trying something new with Bellingham on the field. That 4-4-2 that looks almost like a 4-1-2-1-2 with Tchouaméni as DM and Bellingham as AM or SS. 

With Joselu on the field (a clear 9) seems to revert to last year's 4-3-3, with Bellingham perhaps as a Mezzala.

On 20/10/2023 at 15:57, onedrama said:

Regarding FC Barcelona, It's a known issue under review, thank you very much.

thanks to that I bought Yamal for 50 mil Because he was on the bench at Barca as he doesnt play in that formation. 

En 4/11/2023 a las 17:20, Black boss dijo:

thanks to that I bought Yamal for 50 mil Because he was on the bench at Barca as he doesnt play in that formation. 

As I mentioned, it's a known issue under review.

However, even though it may not be their primary tactic, Xavi's Barcelona has used and continues to use the square midfield tactic. Therefore, this will be reflected in the game in some way. Here's an article (in Spanish) that explains the tactic:

https://es.coachesvoice.com/cv/cuadrado-en-mediocampo-klopp-guardiola-tuchel/

Regarding Lamine Yamal's position, when the team plays with the Square, they usually place him as the Right Forward, which he can fulfill perfectly in the game because it's marked as a "natural" position for him.

I hope this clarifies your doubts. Thanks for the post.