• Stadium Research - Video Adboards

joe5p
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Not sure if this sits under research or not but thought it might as stadium research will likely be part of the bigger research work. 

In game, only Celtic, Rangers and games played at Hampden have video ads by default. However, in real life, more sides in the Premiership have the necessary video adboards as per the global trend. I understand that some only have them running on one touchline (others have them varying from one touchline to the full way around e.g. Aberdeen v Rangers, Aberdeen had them all the way around), but would this prevent them from being activated in game by default?

If the way it works means that it is either the full stadium or nothing, I can understand to a point not activating them across the board. On the other hand, even games with no broadcast beyond highlights e.g. Ross County v St Mirren the other night now have video adboards IRL. If all clubs use them for almost all games, would it not be better to activate and accept that they will run around the whole stadium rather than leave them out entirely when actually used IRL?

Hibs have a permanent set running around the stadium. St Mirren have a permanent set positioned behind the traditional boards on one side. Aberdeen, Killie and Livingston have them on one side, with Aberdeen sometimes running them on three. 

From what I can see, only St. Johnstone, Dundee and Motherwell don't, but that is based on a small sample size of highlight clips. It could be that St. Johnstone and Motherwell use them only for live broadcast games. Dundee have not used them at all.  

Over the league, more teams are using them than not, but unless playing with Celtic or Rangers they don't show in the stadium models.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.