• Getting far too low tv money in Portuguese top league

madeirabhoy
    • Public Status: Open Save Game: MRT.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I took on getting my local team Maritimo back into the top league. In real life when they were relegated at the end of last season I am sure newspaper reports were that they would love about €7m tv money with the drop to div 2. Even if I am mis remembering, it was definitely multi millions. I am trying to find a link to tv money in the press but haven't found one yet, but I am sure the researchers should be able to. 

In the game, ive just finished my second season. the first I got them promoted, the second I finished 10th. At the end of season review, it says TV money dropped from 256k (probably about right for div 2) to 244k. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

in my third season so second season back in top league and this is killing my game. without pushing the board for anything or spending anything of note, im 7 million in dept. 5 million from last season. can't sign anyone. can't bring in loans because I have no wages to spend. 

tempted to buy the editor just so I can gift myself €3m each year but a) thats cheating and b) why should I have to spend more money?

on the bright side, not every bit of unrealism in the game is bad, my first friendly of the season was v Barcelona ! on the island! and only lost 4-3 to a last second goal. still.. bills to pay...

weirdly having paid for the editor, it seems proper tv money is supposed to be there, a 10 year deal until 2028 at about 4 million a year. so why does it appear in the editor but not happen in the game?

not that is seems anyone cares, but I think its a misunderstanding either of the tv deals or how the game handles them. all Portuguese clubs have long deals, and the game shows a tv deal of €4.5 million. but its a 10 year deal so the game treats it as €450k a year rather than €4.5 million a year (I think its more than that anyway but not sure).

Also, both Madeiran clubs get a grant from the Madeiran government. In the top league it's €1.75 million, in the 2nd division its much less, normally 450k but this year the government paid more, I think about 850k to each. 

not that anyone will read this...