• League Data Issues Discussion

Brian 95
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Only looked at Shels so far and not sure if there will be an updated version of the Irish Data in the full game. Thought a thread would help to track though

1. Might be a restriction due to the double move of a "Your World" Save but Kian Leavy to Pats is not included, He seems to only move to Shels from Reading.

2. Gavin Molloy should have more capability as a centre back. Has played there most of the season and picked up numerous team of the weeks in that position (I think it's 7 or 8). 

3. Harry Wood is listed as DM or CM when he's more of a 10/wide attacking player who wants to cut inside.

4. Shane Farrell has no capability to play Wing back but has spent a lot of time in both positions since Duff's arrival. Probably more there than as a central midfielder. 

5. I would probably add a higher injury proneness to Luke Byrne (or if you can add a chronic injury in the data, he can't train properly anymore and is mostly used just for games). Potentially a higher injury proneness to Brian McManus too though all his horror injuries have come from bad tackles as opposed to him breaking down. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Brian,

Great to get your feedback. Thanks.

1. That's the "Your World" feature. He's with St. Patrick's Athletic in the game, although his Shels loan is not listed under his history, I'll add that in.

2. Gav Molloy must've played every position bar in goals :p I will raise his CB rating.

3. Usually I don't modify loanees from England too much. English researchers can be very precious about changing their attributes / positions "off the back of a few months" but I did see that him and Jarvis were playing further up the field and should've changed that. Will amend this and make him a more advanced midfielder.

4. Interesting re- Farrell. I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a surprise as he has a good engine and he is industrious enough. I assume he was playing more as a RWB than a LWB?

5. You're dead right about Byrne. I thought his injury proneness rating was far higher. I saw the stuff about him having chronic knee issues. Sad to read. Currently he's got a rating of 9, I will raise this to 15/16. That should be suitable enough. As for McManus, I didn't really consider him. It was a horror challenge from John Martin and I think you have to be careful about over-egging a players injury proneness, sometimes they can just get unlucky with poor challenges, etc.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's valuable, and please continue to flag things that you think are off.

1. Sorry I meant in the "your world" feature it was listed that he would join Shelbourne on loan but not that he would then go to St Pat's. Maybe its hard to show that in advance or just not possible to handle a unique scenario like that. 

2. He has filled in at times but I would say CB is his best position now and I'd be shocked if he moves from there in future. 

3. Yeh I figured it was coming from the Hull researcher but all their fans said he was more advanced once we signed him so a definitely a weird one. 

4. Mostly at RWB but has filled in on the left. Only ever in a 5 and usually in games we are expecting to have more of the ball. Wouldn't say he's the best defensively (except at winning fouls off attackers). He's a weird case to program in game

5. I get that on McManus. Just been 3 big injuries in a row. He's been very unlucky as they have been bad challenges/big collisions but I fear it will hinder his development big time. 

Only other one to look out for would be budget/finances but I know thats likely a 24.3 issue in February when we see how the new owners get on. There's also been a lot of junior club partnerships announced recently but may not be worth mapping in game except to make sure the youth recruitment is towards the top of the clubs in the Dublin/North Dublin region. Seems to be a big goal of the new owners.

I'll keep an eye out on anything else I see, not actually starting a save there yet so that was just initial views. (I'll save my appeals to upgrade guys and keep it mostly fact based :brock:

Vinnehh

Posted (edited)

I have made all those amendments.

The budget/financing of LOI clubs is one of the key areas I looked at most over the FM "off season" if you want to call it that.

LOI clubs run into huge financial difficulties and are hamstrung by poor finances far too quickly in the game, I have done a revamp of finances, and in particular income/sponsorships for LOI clubs, so that hopefully it will make the game feel a little bit more realistic and not as much of an uphill battle when it comes to surviving financially.

As regards Shelbourne's finances, they start the game with a €1m+ balance, transfer budget (LOI relative of course). We will have to see how serious the ownership are in the New Year. You don't want to speculate too much and make it unrealistic either I suppose. Have to find a balance.

The sphere of academy link-ups is something I have to be honest, I have not looked into in great detail. Of course the link between Shels-Hull City is included in the game, but I haven't looked at club links in that level of granularity. That's something to add to the to-do list.

Of course I welcome all feedback, I try to do a lot of work on player attributes over each season. For example at Shels, I have done quite a large revamp on Mark Coyle. As a player, he was sort of overlooked really at Harps and seen as a bit of a hatchet man, a steady Eddie, keeps it simple type. He's turned into a key player under Duff and the increase in his attributes reflects that now. He's one of the most solid and dependable DM's in the LOI right now.

Edited by Vinnehh

Just on the affliate clubs. https://shelbournefc.ie/partner-and-affiliate-clubs/ Here is a list from the website. Seems to be kind of two tiered. 

Finances are tough alright. Most clubs are week to week expense wise without backing from above but also the league seems more stable now than it has been with the increased attendances. I would guess its under the hood costs that cause some of the in game issues. 

Ping me if you want anything else around Shels mostly but also any observations on other players I may have seen over the last few years

Just to follow on what @Brian 95 said about Farrell. He'd very rarely ever play cm unless Shels have been desperate, I think he should be focused all down the right side with MR and AMR the main focus, WBR decent. Some familiarity with the left side of the pitch and a bit at AM too.

Also Hakiki should have the same capabilities as Farrell on the right and probably bring down his MC rating. Other than those 2 I think everything is pretty great (I want to complain about their ratings being low but I know a lot of that is my bias :cool:)

Just had a look at Bohs there.

1. Bohs are still listed as having IT Blanchardstown as their training ground when they have have been using DCU for the past couple of years. https://www.dcu.ie/commsteam/news/2021/mar/bohemian-fc-and-dcu-announce-18-year-collaborative-partnership Would maybe suggest bumping it up a little from average also as they are regarded as some of the best facilities in the country with the Dublin GAA team also training there.

I believe the U19's usually play their matches in the Oscar Traynor Centre as far as I know.

2. Dalymount Park is listed as having 10,000 capacity albeit with the correct amount listed for normal matches. The only way you would ever fit 10,000 people inside is if you had nearly 6000 people standing on a pile of rubble and a dilapidated terrace. After holidaying one year the stadium condition is now listed as average and the stadium has increased its capacity  to 5400. Not sure if there is any way to fix that but that won't happen. 

In the last couple of weeks planning permission was lodged for the redeveloped stadium due to be open in 2027. With the pace that things happen in this country though I would understand if you didn't include it in game. https://www.dublincity.ie/news/dublin-city-council-formally-lodge-part-8-planning-application-redevelopment-dalymount-park

3. Ethon Varian is out on loan with Cork for the season but is still with Bohs in my game. Although I believe he has picked up a nasty injury there.

4. Would suggest improving the PA of James McManus. I know it's not perfect but my coaches suggest that he will be a 4-4.5 star player. In real life I would be surprised if he was still in the league next season and he has plenty of scouts watching him.

5. Maybe increase the first touch and dribbling for James Clarke and add trait runs with ball through centre. I think he is fairly unique in the league and his close control is on another level to most other players.

6. Johnny Afolabi is able to shrug off some very tough tackles and should be higher than 13 strength. That seems to be pretty much on par with the top defenders in the league so maybe it's for balancing reasons.

7. It's pretty much an open secret that there is a sell on clause in place for Evan Ferguson (probably 10%). Might be opening up a can of worms with that one and not sure how that would affect the balancing of the league if it was implemented.

Vinnehh

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Senak said:

Just to follow on what @Brian 95 said about Farrell. He'd very rarely ever play cm unless Shels have been desperate, I think he should be focused all down the right side with MR and AMR the main focus, WBR decent. Some familiarity with the left side of the pitch and a bit at AM too.

Also Hakiki should have the same capabilities as Farrell on the right and probably bring down his MC rating. Other than those 2 I think everything is pretty great (I want to complain about their ratings being low but I know a lot of that is my bias :cool:)

Thank you mate. Noted re Hakiki, will make an amendment to this.

2 hours ago, Coconut_creams said:

Just had a look at Bohs there.

1. Bohs are still listed as having IT Blanchardstown as their training ground when they have have been using DCU for the past couple of years. https://www.dcu.ie/commsteam/news/2021/mar/bohemian-fc-and-dcu-announce-18-year-collaborative-partnership Would maybe suggest bumping it up a little from average also as they are regarded as some of the best facilities in the country with the Dublin GAA team also training there.

I believe the U19's usually play their matches in the Oscar Traynor Centre as far as I know.

2. Dalymount Park is listed as having 10,000 capacity albeit with the correct amount listed for normal matches. The only way you would ever fit 10,000 people inside is if you had nearly 6000 people standing on a pile of rubble and a dilapidated terrace. After holidaying one year the stadium condition is now listed as average and the stadium has increased its capacity  to 5400. Not sure if there is any way to fix that but that won't happen. 

In the last couple of weeks planning permission was lodged for the redeveloped stadium due to be open in 2027. With the pace that things happen in this country though I would understand if you didn't include it in game. https://www.dublincity.ie/news/dublin-city-council-formally-lodge-part-8-planning-application-redevelopment-dalymount-park

3. Ethon Varian is out on loan with Cork for the season but is still with Bohs in my game. Although I believe he has picked up a nasty injury there.

4. Would suggest improving the PA of James McManus. I know it's not perfect but my coaches suggest that he will be a 4-4.5 star player. In real life I would be surprised if he was still in the league next season and he has plenty of scouts watching him.

5. Maybe increase the first touch and dribbling for James Clarke and add trait runs with ball through centre. I think he is fairly unique in the league and his close control is on another level to most other players.

6. Johnny Afolabi is able to shrug off some very tough tackles and should be higher than 13 strength. That seems to be pretty much on par with the top defenders in the league so maybe it's for balancing reasons.

7. It's pretty much an open secret that there is a sell on clause in place for Evan Ferguson (probably 10%). Might be opening up a can of worms with that one and not sure how that would affect the balancing of the league if it was implemented.

1. That's poor from me, it's not like that's a secret, I should have that updated. I'll make sure to update that now so it's reflected in the next data patch that's released.

2. Yeah, Dalymount has a 10k capacity, that is limited to 4.4k, I will reduce the capacity to 4.4 and reduce the expansion capacity in its current guise. 

3. Varian was with Cork City but I cancelled the loan after speaking to the Cork City AR, he tore his ACL, so presumably his loan was ended and he returned to his parent club, pretty normal practice if a player suffers a season ending injury.

4. You're not going to be happy about this but full disclosure, I actually touched down James McManus' stats a tad. I simmed a season and he went on loan to Bray Wanderers, and the growth in his attributes was insane. Far too high. Any stat that was 11, had moved to 13 by the end of the season, so he was basically more or less already good enough to start at a very high level in England. Of course I accept he's very well thought of, and a big big prospect, but to give perspective, I believe the only player with a higher PA than him in the LOI is Sam Curtis. I wouldn't place too much faith into what your coaches say, I would say sim a full season), in my game he went to Bray Wanderers on loan and he played almost every game, and now he's 18 and almost all of his stats are 12/13. We have to strike a balance.

5. I have done a decent bit of work on Clarke to reflect his growth over the last few seasons with Bohs, I'm relatively happy with his attributes as they are to be honest, maybe a touch more for dribbling because in fairness he's very good at jinking in and out of tight spaces. I'll change his preferred move from "runs with ball often" to with runs with ball through centre.

6. Afolabi is another player that has almost had a re-work to be honest. The Scottish researchers absolutely pasted his stats, more or less just because he didn't light up the world playing on loan when he was with Celtic. It seems going to Celtic is a poor career choice for young Irish players over the last few years. Similar to Clarke, I'm relatively happy with Afolabi's attributes, but I will maybe look at adding a touch to his strength.

7. I'm afraid this is out of my hands now that Ferguson is playing in England. I have sent an e-mail to the Brighton researcher about this clause. It's at his discretion though.

Thanks for the feedback lads.

Edited by Vinnehh

Hi Brian. Noted. 100% agree with you.

At the same time, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the social media team of the year - not taking anything away from Molloy or any player on it, but it's a bit of a nonsense. For example Rob Slevin was not on the First Division team of the year and he was a shoe-in. A player from Wexford was on it. I'd place a lot more weight in the PFAI Team of the Year / POTY etc.