• Incorrect Stadium Information / Registration Rules Update Required

Emperor_Blackadder
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Hi, I've been playing a save as Persita and I've noticed that the stadium information for said team is incorrect. Firstly, the stadium capacity stated in-game is 15,000 and that the name of the stadium is "Benteng Taruna." This is incorrect. Persita's home games are played at the Indomilk Arena, with a stadium capacity of 30,000. Benteng Taruna is its former name. As a side note, Dewa United FC which also plays in Liga 1, Indonesia's top flight plays in the same stadium and this is reflected in game but should there be an update, this should also be changed. My source is Wikipedia but the name change is reflected on club social media as well as the club website which all refers to the Indomilk Arena.

There is also a similar problem regarding Persija's home stadium. The game states that Persija will move to the 82,000 capacity Jakarta International Stadium in the 2024/2025 season. This is a possibility but it has not been confirmed by the club, with one statement by the club President Mohamad Prapanca saying that they prefer to retain their current home at the 77,193 Gelora Bung Karno Stadium for at least an additional season, so the move would likely be in the 2025/2026 season instead (Source, again in Indonesian). The game's database in regards to Persija is also a season out-of-date, they have played every game this current season at the GBK Stadium (Source) while the game states they play at the Patriot Chandrabagha Stadium which was correct in the 2022/2023 season but is no longer valid.

In addition, registration rules for Liga 1 will change in the 2023/2024 Season. Current in-game registration rules stipulate that there are a maximum of 4 foreign players with at least one of them being Asian. New registration rules are that there will be a maximum of 6 foreign players with at least 1 being from an ASEAN country (Source, in Indonesian but you can find similar info on Wikipedia).

On a personal note, these registration rules are a pain though they do provide an extra challenge, basically making Building a Nation mandatory, but I think an interesting idea would be if registration rules for leagues on the rise in terms of competition reputation would be updated in-game without the aid of the in-game editor to reflect how the bigger leagues get in terms of reputation, the less "national" they are in terms of their players, though this is just my two cents.

There might be other inconsistencies between the FM Database and in real life, and I understand that the game does not focus on Indonesia, I just thought that by updating this information it would improve the experience for players like me. I hope they get sorted out and I'll post any further inconsistencies I spot. Thank you for your time.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I haven't found a source but I think the foreign players rule have changed in Liga 2 aswell. I had 2 foreign players at the start in Persekat Tegal. I could only register one. Wouldn't make sense for them to buy 2 foreign players irl if that rule hasn't changed