• Birmingham City Rivalries

Mattbcfcboy
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Birmingham only have Aston villa as a rival. We would consider Villa our main/ arch rivals but also West brom (local) and Wolves (local) are both derby days. Stoke fans also consider playing us a derby however its a split within Birmingham fans if they are a rival or not.image.thumb.png.4280a3e57c7f3ded04b46d5eb3b04e5d.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

The club themselves completed all of the info on that page as part of our licensing agreement with the EFL. Therefore, it is the opinion of the club that is represented in the rivalries and preferred staff lists in the game this year. 

I understand that you may have to follow the licensing agreement. Just encase it could change anything in previous versions of the game these other rivalries were listed and in our most recent match just a matter of weeks ago against west brom the club themselves described it as a derby day. I dont know who would have filled in that information as the club was undergoing a takeover but hopefully they can get this right for you and future editions of the game.

• SI Staff
    6 hours ago, Mattbcfcboy said:

I understand that you may have to follow the licensing agreement. Just encase it could change anything in previous versions of the game these other rivalries were listed and in our most recent match just a matter of weeks ago against west brom the club themselves described it as a derby day. I dont know who would have filled in that information as the club was undergoing a takeover but hopefully they can get this right for you and future editions of the game.

The terms of any such licence mean that, if the club do not list Trevor Francis as a club legend, then he doesn't get included in the game as a legend! Of course that's an extreme example, but with 72 clubs in the EFL, we explain what the three club favoured personnel panels means, and what we mean by a 'derby', and the clubs could see what we previously had set in the game for that data. Then they decide how they want their club to be represented at the Club Overview home screen.

I don't think that the timing of any takeover had anything to do with the info provided by the club.