• Vyškov don't sign Africans - with possible solution

BeeInExile
    • Public Status: Open Save Game: Zambia AR - Vyškov all africans test.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Vyškov sign a notable number of African players in real life, but they don't seem to do so in the game. I suspect that this is partly caused by them not having the scouting knowledge of most countries in Africa. African players in real life come through Vyškov because Kingsley Pungong signs them up to his agency. What I suggest is that Pungong is given a second job - Chief Scout, or possible just Scout - and in the Career Plans tab you add that he has Scouting Knowledge of lots of African countries, especially those in West Africa - obviously Cameroon, but also Cote d'Ivoire and Senegal, and also some basic knowledge of other African countries e.g. Uganda.

At the moment, starting a game with Vyškov with all African players added to the database, they only know of 232 players total in the world who would be interested in a transfer who are not:

-Czech

-Slovak

-Moroccan

-Egyptian

Many of these are also from Europe. They do not have any scouts with knowledge outside Europe either.

Also, you will know best as regards their transfer policy, but I am not sure that having a preference for signing Czech players in the team ambitions is helping either. I would suggest removing it, and maybe even adding an ambition to sign Cameroonians.

Here is the club's Transfermarkt page - as you can see, they sign a lot of players from Africa. I am coming at this from the point of view of a researcher of African players - in my case Zambia - who has noticed that even elite prospects tend not to leave the continent in game. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mfk-vyskov/alletransfers/verein/13753

More than happy to discuss if that would be helpful.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi,

thank you for your post and save game.

Currently maintained is transfer preference for Vyškov for most of African countries (selected by the club during past 3 seasons IRL) as follows:

Uganda

Cameroon

Ivory Coast

Senegal

Central African Republic

Togo

Scouts asked for fairly high profile players between 18-23yrs.

Game is expected to reflect this. Do you have enough African players in your save?

It will be reviewed and any change done will be included in a future update.

Cheers

Ah, I was looking at the wrong part of the database - I see now that their Transfer Preferences are as you describe. However, in my saves I have noticed that Vyškov do not seem to sign many, if any, players from these nations in practice. For reference, the databases I set up have all African Players loaded, and in fact do not have the players from other continents loaded to the same extent, so if anything, teams should be signing a disproportionate number of Africans.

I made a bug report noticing this behaviour already (see below), in which I noticed the same issue with RB Salzburg and Nordsjaelland. I do not think the Transfer Preferences field is strong enough to actually determine that these clubs will sign players from those countries, especially if they lack Scouting Knowledge.

I will keep an eye out on my saves for what happens. So far Vyškov have yet to sign an African player - all the players they have signed have been European. Again, I suspect that what does not help the situation is that they do not have Scouting Knowledge of the countries that they are supposed to sign players from.

Also I should say that Transfer Preferences don't seem to do anything if you are actually managing the club in question - they only seem to affect the AI. That means that if you actually manage Vyškov you are just told weakly to sign more Czech players, and are not incentivised to sign African players at all. I highly doubt Kingsley Pungong would accept a manager who tried to do this in real life!

Hi again,

I've now given Vyškov 3 transfer windows, during which they have yet to sign a single African player (I disabled the first transfer window). On the other hand, they have signed lots of players from Czechia (see images attached).

They have also had a tremendously large proportion of their youth intake come through as Cameroonian or, in one case, Liberian. This might be a reasonable way of compensating for Vyškov not signing Africans from Africa except for 2 things:

1) Those high-potential Africans based in Africa will remain in Africa, unpurchased and unable to break into Europe. Seriously, if Vyškov aren't signing them, who will?

2) It is in fact illegal under FIFA regulations for players under the age of 18 years old to be transferred from countries outside the EU to another country. The players generated are mostly single-nationality Cameroonians, which means that the game is, deeply unfortunately, simulating the illegal trafficking of minors. This seems at the very least suboptimal to me.

Again, I would reiterate that I have set up a database in which every single African player is present. Most of the leagues I have set to playable are African leagues - the only exceptions are Czechia, Croatia, France and Denmark. There are no leagues at all in South America, North America, or Asia. Nevertheless, despite the database being very heavily tilted towards African players, a team that notoriously signs a huge number of African players in real life has yet to sign a single one in-game. This seems like a significant problem.

Vyskov transfers 2023-4 - no transfer window.png

Vyskov transfers 2024-5.png

Vyskov youth intakes 20025.png

Edited by BeeInExile

@Tony Grasser

I figured opening a new thread would be not necessary for my question.

Are updates for Sampson Dweh and Duronsimi expected? Think both are very important for Plzen, and both in FM are mediocre players.

Hi guys,

thank you for all info you provided, no worries as suggested changes to be reviewed and any changes done will be included in a future update.

Cheers

Tony Grasser

Posted (edited)

Ambition to sign players from Czechia is with slightly negative rating at the moment, as you can see the picture - no preference there, they actually signed some Czech players IRL even this season anyway.

Cheers

obrazek.png

Edited by Tony Grasser

13 hours ago, Tony Grasser said:

Ambition to sign players from Czechia is with slightly negative rating at the moment, as you can see the picture - no preference there, they actually signed some Czech players IRL even this season anyway.

Cheers

obrazek.png

Ah okay I see. Apologies for the confusion.