• Data Issue with Guangzhou Evergrande/FC in CSL past winners

GreatMarinho
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Something went wrong in the Database of the CSL as you can see on Screenshot 1 there are the Years missing when Evergrande won the League.

Screenshot 2: As you can see, Guangzhou Evergrande is listed as champion. But somehow the Game does not recognize it.

Screenshot 3: This Guangzhou Evergrande, I mean.

Screenshot 4: But It should be this Guangzhou.

Screenshot 5: No CSL Trophy for Guangzhou FC.

Screenshot 6: As you can see on Transfermarkt.de you can see the Honors of Guangzhou FC.

Screenshot 7: So just change the entry to Guangzhou FC like I did and then you're good. (Somehow after changing it myself in 2018 Guangzhou appears as it should be.)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

To be honest not having a clue why some places are missing on past top3s, but already double checked database and there is no mistake, could be something relevant to a special format covid 2020 season(as mainly it's 2019 and 2020 season entries are most problematic).

Also it's possibly due to this German translation was made based on older version db, we updated a lot of historical clubs and entries to ensure a place/title was won by the club with the name they have at that time, historically correctly.

In Guangzhou FC's case, before renaming in 2021 titles they won during 2010-2020 of course are entitled to: Guangzhou Evergrande FC. Like we don't say Guangzhou FC was champion for CSL and ACL(asian titles remained there currently due to Asian competition historical records follow later after we sorted out historical record for Chinese database first), but rather Guangzhou FC formerly as Guangzhou Evergrande won CSL and ACL, nor we say Guangzhou Evergrande relegated to first division in 2022.

In terms of TM, well they also need time to handle club name changes.