• FM24 Not Launching Issue *Update 22/10/23*

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

As this forum shows, we've had a number of users encountering an issue when trying to launch FM24 for the first time. 

Rest assured we have as many hands on this as possible and we're working towards a solution.

At this point we have only seen it on PC, but do flag to us immediately if you're on Mac.

Could anyone who has encountered the issue please try the following:

LATEST *22/10/23*

We've had some users share some success by changing their compatibility settings. Could you please try the following and let us know how you get on:

Locate your Steam.exe app, by default you can find it here: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

If you can't see it, please make sure 'Show Hidden Items' is checked on the top 'Show/Hide' panel. 

Right click the Steam.exe app, select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility'.

Uncheck any boxes that are ticked, select 'Apply' and then 'Okay'.

Now launch Steam via the .exe file (double click it), and attempt to launch FM24.

Please let us know whether these steps have helped or not and we'll continue investigating internally. 

Update *20/10/23*

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\fm

Failing that, can we please have what's called an environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

Update *19/10/23*

The location path of where you're trying to install FM24; ie; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Your DxDiag filehttps://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

The 2 log files from Steam by going to c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

• console_log.txt
    • content_log.txt

Simply enter "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs" in the File Explorer address bar and hit enter. You should be able to locate the two files above.

Please also ensure your Windows OS is fully up-to-date. You can do any outstanding updates by going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

We'll find a solution to this as soon as we can but please be patient.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Morning everyone - have a couple of new things to try to help out our Dev team. We've got all available resources tackling this issue today. 

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

Let us know if that works or throws up any new/different error message.

Failing that, can we please have what's called an environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

If anyone needs a hands with those steps, please let me know! I've updated the main post to reflect this now too. 

• Administrators
    33 minutes ago, roaddie23 said:

Macbook user here. Facing the same issue

\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

console_log.txt content_log.txt

15 minutes ago, bazmcc said:

Mac user with issue here too. Mac mini attempting to load game using Steam. Cloud status is up to date, but when clicking play, pop up window appears with "Failure. Unknown error". Have tried reinstalling both Steam and FM24.

content_log.txtconsole_log.txt

8 minutes ago, StillNotWorking said:

I have the same issue on Mac!

Do all 3 of you get the same "Failure. Unknown error" popup? Which OS are you running? 

2 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Do all 3 of you get the same "Failure. Unknown error" popup? Which OS are you running? 

OS Catalina 10.15.7. I'm getting that error popup

2 minutes ago, bazmcc said:

OS Catalina 10.15.7. I'm getting that error popup

I'm on the same. I've just tried to open the app using the application itself rather than steam and it says we need to be on OS Big Sur 11 minimum 

Edited by StillNotWorking

8 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Mine's a black screen and then it shuts down

23 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Morning everyone - have a couple of new things to try to help out our Dev team. We've got all available resources tackling this issue today. 

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

If anyone needs a hands with those steps, please let me know! I've updated the main post to reflect this now too. 

Hi Kyle,

Attached as requested. 

antitamper_diagnosis.bin

31 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

antitamper_diagnosis.bin

• Administrators
    20 minutes ago, roaddie23 said:

Mine's a black screen and then it shuts down

Yours is a different issue to the other two, could you great a new thread and post there what steps you've tried so far? I'll get some more troubleshooting your way as well. (If you've got a thread already, give me a tag and I'll take a look in a sec) 

26 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Yours is a different issue to the other two, could you great a new thread and post there what steps you've tried so far? I'll get some more troubleshooting your way as well. (If you've got a thread already, give me a tag and I'll take a look in a sec) 

Just created a new thread and i've tagged you as requested