• Consistent Crash on 30th May 2023 (FM23 Save Game Converted)

Glenn1humphries

Keep Continuing on the save game I've uploaded, and it crashes on 30th May 2023 every time with a Crash Dump. The unusual things with this Save Game are that it was started on FM23 and converted using the new tool, and there are a lot of custom leagues involved. The game itself has been playing fine on FM24 until now.

The Save File is called Wednesbury from 2023.

Crash Dump uploaded to this post.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

So I was actually able to get past the date, so it's not the save itself. 

That said, it's wildly over the recommended player limit which will be having a huge slowndown and strain on the processor. 

Do you have any custom graphics installed? They may be what's causing the crash specifically. 

Interesting, I've never had an issue with the number of players, Maybe I've finally found a version that means I need a PC upgrade? It's great news that it isn't a save issue.

I'll create a smaller database in FM2023, convert it, and holiday whilst I'm working today and see how it goes!

• Administrators

All good, do let us know how you get on! 

I can always continue past the date, save the file and then send it across to you, but can't guarentee you won't encounter it at a later point if it is a machine issue. 

Hi, I have been facing the same issue. I transferred my save from FM23 to FM24, and it crashes on a specific date. I've tried removing my custom graphics, but the issue persists. Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

• Administrators
    On 01/11/2023 at 02:17, mvreis said:

Hi, I have been facing the same issue. I transferred my save from FM23 to FM24, and it crashes on a specific date. I've tried removing my custom graphics, but the issue persists. Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Could you raise this via a support ticket please, and we'll have someone look into it asap:

https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

Hi!

I also experienced consistent crashes on same date/time, from a converted FM23 save game with custom database and custom graphics as well.

I tried deleting my FM24 folder from Documents, of course after doing backup of everything. Still didn't solve. Then I deleted the game, and reinstalled. After that, I restarted my PC and it worked. I managed to advance a couple of days, took part in two matches and bang! Crash dumps again.

So I found a tip in this website for measures to be taken in case of crashes. And After I deleted caches and preferences folders from AppData/..., it seems to be working fine now for three weeks or so without crashing.

https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2018/04/football-manager-crash-dump-error-fix.html

Edited by alanmclaren

On 29/10/2023 at 13:50, Kyle Brown said:

All good, do let us know how you get on! 

I can always continue past the date, save the file and then send it across to you, but can't guarentee you won't encounter it at a later point if it is a machine issue. 

I'm way past that date on my new save now, which means it must have been a resources issue! Weird still, considering it was always at the same Date/Time.