• Promise Not Recognised : Got Sacked as a Result

AB-Daveilliers
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Carlisle CoachKnapovic Other: DaveKnapovic-Carlisle4.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Other

Good Morning,

To provide context. The club's vision has always been to develop youth players via the youth system. However, the board continue to refuse to improve youth facilities and youth recruitment (I believe this to be a bug because it doesn't make sense to continuously go against your club vision despite having multiple millions in the bank) so the board and I came to an arrangement that they would improve these aspects of our youth setup providing I gave more opportunities to young players. I had to give game time to two youth players.

So I chose two lads that had come through the academy at the risk of our league position. Despite hitting 11 appearances each, so 22 appearances...the board turned around and said I made no effort, that they were disappointed and then they sacked me. Utterly bizzare thing to do to a manager in the first place but even more annoying because this was several seasons in.

I have added screenshots below and will also add the save file.

8ff7cf44fae2ff43c243ca679094e87e.png

6b6a68523d2c8fbb696a51881a753f93.jpg

f57e33a7f025bb9360c22c54a8fbcaa9.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @AB-Daveilliers

Thanks for posting this, we have been taking a look in to it.

It simply looks like the players didn't play enough matches - when you make the initial promise to give youth players meaningful playing time in the first team it's on the 24/11 and there's 30 games left of the season (minimum) and they only play in 11 of those, so around 33% - the board expectation is to give 'meaningful playing time' to at least 2 young players (as shown in the tooltip), so the board are looking for the players to be playing over 50% of the available playing time, as that was the promise you made to them for them agreeing to your request.

I will get the refusing to upgrade when they have those visions looked into as it should make them more likely to accept the request, although given the stature of the club and where the facilities are right now they're about what the owner/board would expect them to be. When you're in league 1 they're not going to willingly spend millions on improving youth academies and coaching when it's already at a level either equal to, or above, nearly everyone else in the division. Appreciate you've got a fair bit of money in the bank, but all that (and more) is allocated as transfer budget so they're not going to consider those as funds they can use elsewhere. 

Cheers,
    Russell

On 05/11/2023 at 17:09, Russell Hammant said:

Hi @AB-Daveilliers

Thanks for posting this, we have been taking a look in to it.

It simply looks like the players didn't play enough matches - when you make the initial promise to give youth players meaningful playing time in the first team it's on the 24/11 and there's 30 games left of the season (minimum) and they only play in 11 of those, so around 33% - the board expectation is to give 'meaningful playing time' to at least 2 young players (as shown in the tooltip), so the board are looking for the players to be playing over 50% of the available playing time, as that was the promise you made to them for them agreeing to your request.

I will get the refusing to upgrade when they have those visions looked into as it should make them more likely to accept the request, although given the stature of the club and where the facilities are right now they're about what the owner/board would expect them to be. When you're in league 1 they're not going to willingly spend millions on improving youth academies and coaching when it's already at a level either equal to, or above, nearly everyone else in the division. Appreciate you've got a fair bit of money in the bank, but all that (and more) is allocated as transfer budget so they're not going to consider those as funds they can use elsewhere. 

Cheers,
    Russell

Hi Russell,

Thanks for letting me know and giving me a detailed explanation.

Perhaps then the board needs to inform the manager of the playtime expected in that case from a numerical point of view as I felt I had given young players enough play time given none were good enough to play?