• Tactical Styles Missing

Maul
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Mr Zembrod Non League to Glory.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Hello I'm having a strange issue where for majority of staff I cant see there tactical style. Managers at clubs are the only exception, everyone else shows no tactical style even my u18 manager at my club has no style and every single staff member in staff search has no style either. What can I do for this because it's a really frustrating bug? I've uploaded images of my staff search and my u18 manager and I've uploaded a  save on day one of my new job, I've labelled them MR Zembrod Non League to Glory.

I've unistalled and then installed same issue but there seems to be a problem again with wing play being dominant in managers again. Here's a view of 114 managers in england having wing play as there preffered with some strange names such as ten hag, emery and poccehtino. Only 41 managers don't play wingplay this surely cant be intentional, i did habe the same issue a lot of people had in the early access with wing play being every managers style.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thank you for sharing this. There are a few different criteria that go into selecting the label which is ultimately presented in game. Our QA team will take a look into this further and see what they can uncover. 

• SI Staff

We do have something under investigation in regards to this already, just to help understand a bit further, is this an FM23 save you've imported into FM24?

10 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

We do have something under investigation in regards to this already, just to help understand a bit further, is this an FM23 save you've imported into FM24?

My save is a fm24 save, I do have an imported save where I don't have this same issue as everyone has their tactical style shown.

Same thing is happening in my games. I just made new game after the patch, and there are 6245 managers employed by a clubs, 4912 out of them don't have tactical style. 

Top 5 Leagues Tactical styles are mostly Wing Play: Premier League 14/20 , Ligue 1 13/18, La Liga 18/20, Bundesliga 11/18, Serie A 13/20.

Is there any update on this bug?

I've also got it on a brand new save in FM24, out of the 20k listed staff only 35 have a tactical style.

you have known about these errors for a long time. I also noticed this error. it has been present since you released the game and is still unfixed. for now, this is an error that really discredits this game compared to the previous version. a person must consider buying the next version because this "most complete" version is the most underdeveloped

I can confirm that this really is an issue and has made me barely play this years game and I've played this game every single year since before it was even called Football Manger. 

I don't have much time at the moment but here's what I have found so far with my main goal being to have on my profile page saying the following.

Tactical style- Vertical Tiki Taka

Playing mentality - Adventourous

Pressing style - Often

Best I could do was 

Playing mentality - Balanced

Pressing style - Balanced

To compare Xabi Alonso looks like

Playing mentality - Attacking

Pressing style - Often

After 50+ reloads trying to find the perfect combination of formation 4231+433, passing directness, tempo, width etc... I found the only way for it to say Vertical Tiki Taka is on the balanced mentality. much shorter passing and higher tempo (default vertical  tiki taka doesnt even work, comes up as control possession I think) Increasing to positive or attacking will end up being tiki taka, control possesion or gegenpress. FM23 is not like this. I loaded up FM23, play 1 friendly on positive, save, load into FM24, profile says Vertical Tiki Taka, play 1 more friendly and it changes.

Also staff search

Control possession 22 Found

gegenpress 2

tiki taka 3

wing play 30

vertical tiki taka 2

Sorry for the badly worded post, but I have to go now.

Edited by illmatic

Hey there. I've created an account specifically for this, because it's hacked me off to the point where I don't see myself playing the game until it's fixed.

I ported over my FM23 Coruna save loving it, and then slowly but surely my results have deteriorated (I'm currently playing a Director Of Football save, so my assistant manager does everything tactically.) I check his stats to see if his tactical style has randomly changed (another bug which hasn't been fixed yet), and low and behold, it's just totally disappeared. Huh, that's strange. I look all the places I can think it may have been moved to for this year's game, nothing.

I look up the issue, and find that several people reported the issue over 6 ENTIRE MONTHS AGO, and it STILL hasn't been fixed. absolutely incredible and astounding stuff. 

I'm now at a significant disadvantage, because A: every manager in my league has one, and my assistant manager doesn't, meaning that every league game I play is a terrible display from my team, and B: I've played for 3 and a half months like this, tanking losses with my team that was pushing for a title in december, now to be outside of the playoffs in April, thinking that I was the one doing something wrong. 

I very much look forward to a reply. Thanks for reading.