• Pre Game Tactical Meeting

jdmk88
    • Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot: Save Game: Joe Monk - Unemployed No Experience.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

See screenshot. Assistant recommends short passing but the reasoning makes no sense. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Can you explain a bit further about why it doesn't make sense for you? I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, but rather it doesn't immediately read that way to me. If I can understand better from your side then in turn this can be passed on accordingly.

It's the phrase "I believe this would make us more compact and difficult to break down". 

Having a lower line of engagement would make your team more compact and difficult to 'Break down'. In fact, I think this exact phrase is used when describing reasoning behind a low defensive line.

I don't see how shorter passing makes a team more difficult to 'break down'. You don't 'break down' a team that's in possession. You 'break down' the defending team. 

I can understand how a team with short passing will be more compact if they lose the ball, perhaps making them less susceptible to counter attacks. At the same time, shorter passing could encourage overplaying, making them more susceptible to counter attacks.