• Match plans not available in match

pjbork
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I can’t use match plans in-match, only by doing instant result

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey @pjbork,

This was removed as it was part of the old match UI which we've revamped. Originally, the intention for match plans was to only be used when selecting instant result.

I know as a studio we've wanted to make the match day experience engaging and less passive keeping the player involved as much as possible. Rather than you setting the team up and popping the controller on the side. 

Thanks @Desmond Richardson for the response. I’m disappointed that this option has been taken away. What harm is there in letting us have the option to be more passive?

Touch is meant to allow us to be more passive. I loved being able to set a plan and watch the game play out rather than having to change instructions and make subs throughout the match myself. 

I’m afraid this is probably a dealbreaker for me. I’ll probably be finished with FM23 after my one month of Arcade is done

• SI Staff

Hi @pjbork,

I know it might not be what you are looking for, but you can set match plans in your tactics screen. If you enter the tactics screen from the sidebar, then select the match plans, you an create one from there.

Or, alternatively, in match you can set a match plan following the same steps above (except entering tactics via the button at the bottom) which will apply for that match only.

Hope this helps and can keep you playing with us :)

Thanks @Luke Couchman

I don’t quite follow your point about doing it in-match. That doesn’t work - I still need to go End Match to apply the match plan.  I can’t actually select it and use it while the game actually continues. Am I missing something?

If this is the way things are, that’s fine but just means this isn’t for me anymore. I am confused by the decision to take away choice and also make the game more demanding as a player when Touch is meant to be a ‘light’ version

i don’t have the appetite to manage matches but still like to watch them play out as a passive participant (rather than have to instant result)

I’ll also reiterate match plans aren’t even working properly as they’re not doing subs (I raised a separate issue on this)