• Defensive issues

PatchME
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello match team!

Posted on this theme a couple of times and have seen other threads on it, but there don't seem to be any updates and the issues haven't gone away, so I'm flagging again. 

I'd recommend watching all the goals from the attached match. They all contain some pretty horrendous, unrealistic errors. In particular though the final three goals... taking my opponents, Vitesse, from 2-1 down to winning 4-2 (-: 

We've got each of: 

• Defenders running away from the ball
    • Defenders running around/across the path of the ball, but showing no interest in intercepting or clearing it
    • Defenders not contesting headers in the box/from long balls when perfectly positioned to do so
    • Wing backs stepping back and out of the way to allow wingers to cross in 1 v 1 situations 
    • For Vitesse's third, my goalkeeper sweeps his arm inwards in a really unusual movement, taking a shot which was going wide into the net
    • For Vitesse's fourth, from a low cross, the ball travelling through the middle of the goalkeeper and to the feet of an attacker for a tap in

Thanks for all the hard work. Are there changes in the defending on the way in the next major update? Feels like an issue lots of us have been commenting on since the beta dropped but there's been very little improvement.

Cheers,
    Patrick 

FC Volendam v Vitesse.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Arsenal v Leeds Defensive nonsense.pkm

31 min Teirney just walks the ball to the opposition no body counterpresses ones he loses the ball. A long ball is then played down their left. 2of my players are there under no pressure, yet for some reason the ball just hits the RB White and bounces to their player. obviously the go on to score.

45 min long ball is played to their SS gabriel starts running to the bal they slows down to let the SS run in on goal. Why????
    Saliba comes over to cover then decides to go back leaving a lovely gap to play their striker in. Another goal

65 min Patino doesn't bother close down the winger. The defense retreat back to the six yard box leaving 3 players to run into the box unchallenged literally zonal marking in open play