• Player Description Errors (again - same issue as in FM21)

Jogo Bonito
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I logged this same issue on FM21 somewhere around December 2020. I gave numerous examples in written form and by screen shots, and loaded several save game versions as requested. A final response was not received.

In FM22, the same issue appears to be present although this particular example is not quite as bad as examples like a DM being described as best position 'inverted winger' which was happening in FM21.

Tim Ream is the very first player I looked at in FM22 as an offer was made for him. I fear that if it's wrong here it is going to be wrong again in most places. I set my games to 'show natural positions only' in order to pin down the best positions for a player rather than to see 'all positions they can play' but this choice maybe makes it worse? Anyway, to the evidence of the issue...

I could argue on the data page that Tim Ream has probably not played as a left back (DL) hardly ever in his six years at the club, but that isn't my point. He is a left-footed, left-sided centre back and his media description is correct as 'experienced centre back'. He has no green mark for left wing back in his player profile (correctly) and in no way would or could he be described as a left wing back. So why does the transfer centre page show 'DL wing-back' instead of saying centre-back?

This issue has remained present on every save I have played for a year and whilst I think FM is a fantastic game, it is disappointing that it has not been addressed. I've not played a match or looked at any other players yet in FM22, but this 'mismatch' of description would almost certainly remain in the player scouting page of players I might want to sign too. That isn't right if that is the case and massively breaks the immersion for me. I have to acknowledge my skills will be worse than any member of SI, but I am very surprised that nobody was so far able to replicate this or find a solution. In most cases, the media description seems to be accurate but the other parts of defining the best position seems to be wrong. Perhaps an issue of setting to natural positions only in my preferences? 

If you want to see the FM21 examples and save games I provided, please refer to my posts in the FM21 section under the same title 'player description errors'. I can also load this game file if it's really needed. Thanks in advance if this can be fixed.

276869043_Fulham_TransferCentre.thumb.png.ad9f6d3f352775a200a5aaea103b9f91.png

2027758658_TimReam_Profile.thumb.png.6827c0ad8eeb298a9dcca4d4e12061a8.png 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Described above

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sorry, I should have added that in the player profile just under the player name it says DC - wing back. This further highlights the mismatch of the information, but may give you an extra clue as to what to look at (may be pulling the info from the wrong places). Thanks.

1 hour ago, Abdullah Patel said:

We appreciate you flagging this to us, we are looking into this further.

Thank you, appreciated. Happy to help with any extra info I can share.