• Staff not asking for unfit players to play in U23 Matches

enfilade77
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I am playing as Dulwich Hamlet (4th season) but noticed the same issue on another save with York City. Both teams start with a U18 team but no U23 team, which may be relevant. (Dulwich also start with a U19 team, but I turned this off using pre-game editor before starting.)

I expect to receive an email before every U23 match asking which first team players I want to participate. I do not want to receive this email for U18s, since the participation rules are very restrictive. Instead the opposite is true - I receive the U18 email but no prompt for the U23s. I have had a U23 team since the start of season 2 (so two+ season).

My settings look like this:

Staff > Responsibilities > Match

U23s Ask Which first team players are available for this team > Every Match
    Automatically make unfit first team players available for first team > YES / tick  (this setting does appear to work in the background as unfit players are getting game time)

U18s Ask Which first team players are available for this team > NEVER
    Automatically make unfit first team players available for first team > NO / no tick

==
    Every week, I get the email for the U18 team, but nothing for the U23 team. Both teams have a dedicated manager as you can see in the settings image below.
    As noted, players do seem to be automatically enrolled in the U23 games if applicable - but I have no opportunity to de-select players I want for a 1st team game, or to add players who need the game time.

A related issue: when I hold my staff meetings with the settings below I'll receive a prompt my players are not being made available for the U23s team, and its recommended I change that. When I follow that prompt, it resets my U18 rules to match the U23s (Ask which first players are available / Automatically make unfit players unavailable) - but it has no change on the emails I receive.

Desired outcome would be to have my email notifcations match my settings. U23 emails: yes please! U18 emails: no thank you.

The bug should be easily replicable as it recurs each week. I'll aim to provide a relevant save shortly.

Many thanks

20211216 FM22 DulwichHamS4 NoPromptForUnfitPlayersU23s - Settings.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks Kyle, I've just uploaded the following save:

20211217 Dulwich Hamlet team meeting wrong prompt u23s.fm

I had to play through bit to trigger a team meeting that has the mentioned issue. So to replicate the bug:

> View staff responsibility settings - you should see that they correspond with the attached image.
    > Attend staff meeting - the coaches should recommend to make unfit players available for U23, despite the staff setting already being active.
    > If you accept the recommendation, you should see that the U18s staff instruction changes, but U23 does not.
    > If you do not accept the recommendation, there is no change to the settings.

For the emails regarding players chosen for the U23 squad, you'll have to advance the game until the next opportunity. If the staff instructions are retained, you should see that only emails for U18s are received and not for U23s. This will repeat each week.

Again, I should add that U23s weren't available from day one, I had a U23 added after my first season. I also used the pre-game editor to remove Dulwich's U19 team, but I don't think that's relevant since I had the same issue with a York save (if necessary I could dig out a copy of that save as well.)

Cheers!

Update: This bug also applies to training emails. When I take control of U23 training and ask for email updates for that squad, I get updates for the U18s instead.

• Administrators

Apologies for the delayed response - off for the holidays! 

But thank you, I'll have this passed over to our testing team to investigate and liaise with developers. :) 

Thanks Kyle - hope you had a good break!

Having played on for a few more seasons, I notice that I'm failing to get pretty much all U23 notifications/updates that I would expect. This includes when staff finish their coaching badges, for example. So to me it definitely feels like a broader issue with how U23 teams (especially if you play with a team that did not have U23s to start with) are interfacing with staff/responsibilities in general.

• Administrators

Apologies I haven't seen this until now, but I've bumped the thread so the testing team are aware of the added info you've provided - much appreciated! :)