• Player asks for salary ridiculously below what the salary expectations suggest before contract negotiation.

BangocheFM
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

- Save is with team called Cova Da Piedade. Currently playing is Liga2 in Portugal. Had a player called Schurrle who plays for Braga B. who was on loan with us a  year or two before.  

- Near January Transfer Window found that Schurrle was end of contract, so approached Braga to sign him on loan until contract his expires end of season. I also wanted to talk to player separately to sign him on afterwards end-of-contract. So, could get him on reduced wages for end of season, and also ensure we could procure him before other teams could try to sig him end-of-contract.

-Using "Ask Agent about Availability" Agent says players wants a contract for 14k per year. Current player's salary at Braga is 59.5k per year. 

- Used "Approach to Sign" and player agent asks for 14K per year salary. While the suggested salary at bottom right of screen says the player wanted 135k - 170k salary per year.  Hit submit on the 14k per year amount and the player did not complain. 

Uploaded save file that should have been relevant just before attempting to sign player. Hope this helps.

Football Manager 2022 Screenshot 2022.08.05 - 20.00.59.97.png

Football Manager 2022 Screenshot 2022.08.05 - 20.11.31.31.png

Football Manager 2022 Screenshot 2022.08.05 - 20.19.14.28.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

The scout report is 7 months old which is why there's a discrepancy in the two figures, with the most recent data is in line with the agent. :)

Hope that clarifies things!

Greetings Kyle,

So wait.. If I'm following this... the scout report leads to the highly inflated salary estimate figure. You are saying the agent themselves are contemporaneously OK with the low $14k salary amount. I get it.. but guess the player and agent don't value themselves. I could see if he was already playing for $59k, he would take a pay cut to say...$30k-$35k to play for my lower league team. It still seems mad he's agreed to $14k/year... but I do understand.

• Administrators

We can review the transfer value itself and make sure our AI valuations are generally in good stead, but any changes to that would come in FM22 I'm afraid. Hope we were still able to provide some clarity, let me know if I can help with anything further!