• Optional future fee in a loan converts into mandatory fee

Retro262
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hi, so I've been managing Salernitana in a journeyman save and just got promoted to Serie A for the 2025/26 season and have been doing my normal transfers ahead of the season when I noticed Lincoln was available due to Watford getting relegated. I couldn't afford the transfer fee so I tried to loan him, for which Watford wanted a mandatory future fee upon survival in Serie A but I couldn't afford that up front either.

So my solution was to remove that and add an optional future fee, which upon negotiation we agreed on a £25m optional future fee as shown in the first screenshot, but after the offer was accepted it took me straight to a contract negotiation (2nd screenshot) and finally when it came to the offer confirmation it had converted the fee back to a mandatory future fee upon survival (3rd screenshot).

I've uploaded a copy of my save which is dated on August 4th (same day I cancelled the loan for a second time) and I went ahead a couple of hours so you can try and send the loan again as it has remembered the exact offer I sent them originally.

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Send Watford a loan offer for Lincoln with a £25m optional future fee as shown in the screenshots and hopefully remembered by the game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments