Default skin

Stiby

I think I have to be carefull with my question in case of removal, but if I'm in the wrong section please if anyone can advise, I would be very much grateful.

I'm not after a new skin as such,but have seen others with thier attributes colour coded, I believe this can enhance my FM08 exprience so was wondering if this can be applied to the default skin as opposed to a downloaded one?.

I have checked for the paths in MyDocumetns>Sports Interactive>Football Manger 2008 but cannot see where to change the text.

Im just unsure if you can actually do it on the default or not,if not,and I have to download an alternative skin I should be able to change it.

Thanks for any help in advance

~Stiby

There are a couple of ways you can do this. The file you actually need is called fm colours.xml and is located in the settings folder.

• If you have seen a usermade skin that you like the colours for you can just download that skin and copy the fm colours.xml from that skin into the settings folder for the skin you are using.
    If you are using the default skin then you won't have a skin in the My Documents folder to add this file to, but you can create a new folder in the My Documents/SI/Football Manager 2008/ folder call it settings and place the fm colours.xml file in that folder.
    This will then apply all the font colours of that skin to the default skin. (and any other skin you may have that doesn't have it's own colours).
    Then you just need to load the game up go into the preferences -> Display & Sound menu and turn off the skin cache and turn on always reload skin and your new colours should be applied (you can put these settings back when you are done).

• If you want your own colours, or if you just want the attributes recoloured and not everything else then a couple of other steps are needed.
    First you'll need to use
The Resource Archiver Tool extract the files out of the settings folder from where you installed FM08.
Now copy the extracted settings folder to your My Docs/SI/FM08 folder (you can delete the other files from the settings folder if you want).
Next open the fm colours.xml file in notepad (or your favourite text editor/Webpage Editor).
The first block of code controls the attributte colours, you just adjust the values for red, blue and green until you are happy (values go from 0-255, 0 0 0 - black, 255 255 255 - white, you can get the RGB values for colours from an image editing program, or you can type RGB values into google and lots of sites will appear telling you the rgb values of various colours).
So when you have changed the values save the file load up FM, go in to the preferences menu and turn off the skin cache and select always reload skin and your new colours should apply

There are a couple of ways you can do this. The file you actually need is called fm colours.xml and is located in the settings folder.

• If you have seen a usermade skin that you like the colours for you can just download that skin and copy the fm colours.xml from that skin into the settings folder for the skin you are using.
    If you are using the default skin then you won't have a skin in the My Documents folder to add this file to, but you can create a new folder in the My Documents/SI/Football Manager 2008/ folder call it settings and place the fm colours.xml file in that folder.
    This will then apply all the font colours of that skin to the default skin. (and any other skin you may have that doesn't have it's own colours).
    Then you just need to load the game up go into the preferences -> Display & Sound menu and turn off the skin cache and turn on always reload skin and your new colours should be applied (you can put these settings back when you are done).

• If you want your own colours, or if you just want the attributes recoloured and not everything else then a couple of other steps are needed.
    First you'll need to use
The Resource Archiver Tool extract the files out of the settings folder from where you installed FM08.
Now copy the extracted settings folder to your My Docs/SI/FM08 folder (you can delete the other files from the settings folder if you want).
Next open the fm colours.xml file in notepad (or your favourite text editor/Webpage Editor).
The first block of code controls the attributte colours, you just adjust the values for red, blue and green until you are happy (values go from 0-255, 0 0 0 - black, 255 255 255 - white, you can get the RGB values for colours from an image editing program, or you can type RGB values into google and lots of sites will appear telling you the rgb values of various colours).
So when you have changed the values save the file load up FM, go in to the preferences menu and turn off the skin cache and select always reload skin and your new colours should apply

Mate, I cant thank you enough for replying, this covers everything I was looking for so thank you. Just hope I can follow it to the letter :)

Much appreciated fella!!

Just a quick bit of more feedback, I wasn't able to apply the colours to the default skin, I think I got all confuddled, but I did download what look slike a slick skin and easily changed the attribute colours because of your feedback so thanks again :D

OK last post from me on the above, I was being a complete dunce and just not getting the default change part, I have now also done this on the default skin so michaeltmurrayuk, I thankyou, weird though I managed it after a few beers!.

Thanks again mate

Archived