[WIP] Austria to tier 5 (at least)

myfrontpage

Since my most infuriating game on FM ever, where I missed out promotion to the Austrian Bundesliga by a point for three seasons in a row (yes, I did get the sack - damn loyalty) I've been slightly engrossed/fond of the Austrian league, so here I am with hopefully, the full Austrian system. t

Started top downwards, instead of bottom upwards due to a number of Austrian cities not having any co-ordinates set. Currently halfway through sorting out the 1. Landesliga, when that's done I'll release the beta.

I have made an error, I think... Basically from next season Amateur/Junior clubs aren't allowed to be any higher than the Regional Leagues so Red Bull Juniors and Austria Vienna Amateure are being relegated no matter where they finish this season, with the worst placed non amateur club following them down. I believe this is coded in as the number of relegation spots was set as 1. In my over-eagerness I thought 'wait, that's wrong it's three' so deleted the 'SI' league and created my own, got to work with the coordinates/creating towns and then realised my mistake. I am going to see if setting both Red Bull and Austria Vienna's Amateur teams to being in their corresponding Regional Division's next season and see if that works, if not, my bad but it isn't the end of the world. I have ticked 'B/Amateur teams cannot be promoted' on the Regional League, so if they do go down, they can't come back up.

Plan to finish Upper Austria, Kartnen, Steiermark, Burgenland by Sunday and test accurate promotion/relegation over a five season sim.

Then onto the 2.Landesliga where I'm going to have to alter the structure slightly. IRL the 9 districts have a total of 19 leagues, with some districts have three divisional leagues, some two and Vorarlberg just the one. In order to get it to 18 I'll be merging all districts that have three divisions to two (either North/South or East/West) and then merging the western teams in Tirol into the Vorarlberg structure to give Vorarlberg a second division (West Tirol). That hopefully should work and be as near as I can get it geographically..

And I might create 9 new weather set ups for the districts because all Austria is generically set to Belgrade in the editor.

Status

Co-ordinates / Grounds set for all Bundesliga, Erste Liga and Regional Liga's (RLO, RLM, RLW)

Club colours as accurate as I can find

Accurate promotion/relegation from Erste Liga to Regional Leagues (minus Red Bull Jnr & Austria Vienna Am atm)

1.Landesliga co-ordinates done, club information updated, stadiums and cities created for (Vorarlberg, Salzburg, Vienna, Tirol & Lower Austria district league)

I was just about to start the same thing but reading this it sounds much more professional than I could ever do. So I'd like to ask you whether you'd mind to send me (remym007@yahoo.de) a copy of your xml.

Thank you so much!

I'm nearly ready, belatedly to get the first release out. To make accurate promotion/relegation between the 1.Landesliga and the 2.Landesliga I had to set all co-ordinates for the 2.Landesliga clubs, so I decided to just go ahead and add 2.Landesliga into the first release.

The lowest tier will be the 2.Landesliga, I don't have the time at the moment to add the tier below that as it will require adding hundreds of clubs. I'm just running tests and stuff at the moment to make sure everything works..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived