FM09 - Official Droylsden F.C. Thread

ProLagJoe

droylsden-fc.jpg

Droylsden F.C. is an English football club based in Droylsden, Greater Manchester. They currently play in the Blue Square North.

Media Prediction - 4th

Possible? - Yes

Founded - 1892

Status - Semi Pro

Fierce Rivals - Stalybridge

Other Rivals - Altrincham, Hyde, Mossley, Glossop, Curzon Ashton & Ashton Utd

Affiliates - Chester (Loans & Friendlies)

Club Records

Record league attendance: 15,000 vs Hyde United - Manchester League, 1921

Record cup attendance: 4,250 vs Grimsby Town, FA Cup 1st round, 1976

FA Cup best performance: second round proper - 2008-09 (expelled for fielding an inelligible player)

FA Trophy best performance: third round proper - 1998-99, 2007-08

FA Vase best performance: third round - 1986-87, 1989-90

Honours

Conference North champions: 2006-07

Northern Premier League Division One champions: 1998-99

North West Counties League Division Two champions: 1986-87

Manchester League champions: 1931, 1933

Manchester Junior Cup winners: 1923

Manchester Senior Cup winners: 1973, 1976, 1979

Manchester Premier Cup winners: 1946-47, 1951-52, 1959-60, 1964-65, 1969-70, 1980-81, 1992-93, 1999-00, 2003-04, 2006-07, 2008-09

Tony Downes Memorial Cup joint winners: 2007-08 (shared with Chester City)

--- --- --- --- ---

Staff Analysis

Complete overhaul needed. Simple as that. Just find some better regens.

--- --- --- --- ---

Squad Analysis

Overall - You have a good squad which needs improving here or there, nothing drastic.

Goalkeeper - You should probably get rid of Lancy, but keep Mawson as backup. He is good, but a loan signing from a higher league club would be a much better idea. Don't have anyone to recommend, just have your AssMan compile a list of loanable Goalies.

Defender Right - Brownhill and Roche are able defenders, but they aren't amazing. I'd recommend the signing of Morecambe's Adam Yates, who is a great signing for this league.

Defender Left - Sean Newton is probably the best player in your squad, and should definitely be your main left back. You won't be able to find anyone better than him, so you should just sign some backup. You could use Brownhill, but he's better on the right.

Central Defender - Cryan and Halford are good here, with Ruffer and Byron able back-ups. No signings really needed.

Right Midfielders - Beck and Fitzgerald are OK, but you can get better. Richie Partridge from Chester is a good loan signing, but he gets tired half-way through every match, so Beck and Fitzgerald will still get matches.

Left Midfielders - Neil Prince can do well, all you need is a backup. You can also retrain Newton to play here, but he is much better in Defence.

Central Midfield - One of your stronger positions, with Sorvel and McGuire being your main men. It still needs backup though, as Alex Brown just wont cut it.

Strikers - You have lots of Strikers, but they aren't too good. Lamb and Townson are worth selling. Tipton and Gray are good backups, but I'd recommend signing Morecambe's Matty Blinkhorn and Wigan's Craig Mahon. Both will get you the goals you need.

Summary

Buy -

Matty Blinkhorn - Morecambe - Free

Craig Mahon - Wigan - Loan

Richie Partridge - Chester - Loan

Adam Yates - Morecambe - Free

A Goalie - Loan

A Central Midfielder - Loan/Buy

Sell -

Carl Lamb - Free

Kyle Lancy - Free

Steve Pickford - Free

Tactics

I played a simple 4-4-2, with Sorvel as my Defensive minded Midfielder, and Partridge on the right making forward runs, as well as Newton on the left making runs aswell. Then I had Mahon as a sort of target man, laying balls onto Blinkhorn, who usually scores.

----------Mawson/Loan GK------------

----Yates-Cryan-Halford-Newton------

-Partridge-McGuire-Sorvel-Prince------

----------Blinkhorn--Mahon-----------

I play attacking football, with the team playing through the middle in a slow tempo.

This is because, your team is obviously better than most of the other teams in the league, meaning you shouldn't be playing defensive. I set the pitch size to small, as my wide players aren't as good as my central midfielders, which is why I play a narrow game, and I don't have a high tempo as it would probably wear out my players to much.

Some important things to know before taking charge of "The Bloods" :

- At the start of the game they are managerless, so you don't necessarily need to take control of them. Just apply for the job and they usually accept.

- They do not get a large crowd at all considering they're supposed to be pushing for promotion, which leads to my next point;

- Because of this, they lose money easily. You can stay in the budget for your Wage and not spend a penny on transfers, but because your gate receipts are so much lower than your expenditure, you will lose money.

Anyway, that's all. Hope you enjoyed reading through the Droylsden Bible :cool:

And good luck :thup:

Wow, FM really hates me.

My main striker Matty Blinkhorn (10 in 12) was injured for 5 weeks. In those weeks we lose most of the games. The first game he came back, he's tired, but after being brought on at half time he manages to make a defender score an own goal and he scores himself, saving me a point. I'm thinking. Yes. Finally. Get back on track. Then, literally the day after, he pulls a hamstring in training and is out for 4 weeks. :(

And I'm nearly on -£100,000 Loss, even though I managed to slash all my top earners wages. Grrr....

Wow, FM really hates me.

My main striker Matty Blinkhorn (10 in 12) was injured for 5 weeks. In those weeks we lose most of the games. The first game he came back, he's tired, but after being brought on at half time he manages to make a defender score an own goal and he scores himself, saving me a point. I'm thinking. Yes. Finally. Get back on track. Then, literally the day after, he pulls a hamstring in training and is out for 4 weeks. :(

And I'm nearly on -£100,000 Loss, even though I managed to slash all my top earners wages. Grrr....

I signed him with Aldershot, has been disappointing and now lives in the ressies.

tottenhamfmo7 - Blinkhorn?

He's great for me. What type of tactics did you have him on?

I have Craig Mahon as a Target Man laying balls onto Blinkhorn. Those 2 have been pretty lethal.

Anyway, in good news. The -£100,000 loss should go down. Renegotiated a couple more contracts and now I should be making about £10,000 profit each week/month/whatever it is. And just managed to beat Hampton & Something in Fa Trophy First Round 1 - 0. With a makeshift team I might add, as I don't really care too much about the cups. League glory is what's important. Although, the money from the cups isn't half bad :D

January Time -

I have decided to resign. I didn't really want to, as I had high hopes for the club, but we were losing serious money and were underachieving. Oh well. Hopefully be able to steal some players though. :p

Archived