Attacking & Direct 2-3-1-2-2

Like everybody else I have being struggling with my tactics this year. I don't like your standard 4-4-2 and prefer exotic formations, and the only ones that worked with consistency basically had your 4-4-2 formation.

tactic.png

As you can see very attacking minded tactic. All players need to be able to pass the ball and need to have high teamwork/work rate as most will be closing down. Wingback need to have offensive attributes such as passing, and good crossing. Tackling is must as most of the goals I concede come from mis tackles on the wings. Ideally the CM/AMC should be box to box players but unfortunely I could only get offensive minded players right now. AMR for me is striker who can also play as winger and same with the LEFT striker.

Results:

result.jpg

May not seem impressive but I took midseason the year before where they were in regulation fight. Finished mid-table and then this season finished 3rd. Was in contention for championship before mid season streak of 6 games without a win (due mainly to injuries).

Tactically I like it as goals come from everywhere. As well top ratings for my attacking players. Plus I love assists from midfield and my two central midfielders rack up the assists. The top 3 players in the league in rating are mine, have top goalscorer and top two in assists.

Defensively it needs to be improved. You need quality central defenders who have pace. Right now I only have one quality CD and horrible goalkeeper (he is 38 and half brain dead). I think once I address this less goals will result. Even against top teams I dominate but they tend to be more clinical with their finishing.

Here it is. Try it out and let me know if you can tweak it to get better results. BTW if you are winning and they opponent goes to 4 attackers I don't mess with tactic. Strangely I rarely concede in dying minutes and I get more goals then opponents.

http://www.2shared.com/file/5389745/a375416b/Sanka_Attack__Hannover_May_2016_.html

I'm sorry, but not the tastiest tactic in the world. Not symetric, which is one of my requirements (I play the W-M atm and have used 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-1-2 in the past) and the requirement that you need your whole team to be able to pass seems a bit off-putting. Also the fact that it looks like the sort of tactic only one person could really get working, not very universal if you catch my drift. Still, that is just me, and a very good job well done getting Hannover to 3rd in just your second (or 1 and 1/2 seasons? :D) season. Just a bit too complicated for my liking.

what year was this season in?

I took over in 2013/2014. I believe the screen shot was for 2015/2006.

I'm sorry, but not the tastiest tactic in the world. Not symetric, which is one of my requirements (I play the W-M atm and have used 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-1-2 in the past) and the requirement that you need your whole team to be able to pass seems a bit off-putting. Also the fact that it looks like the sort of tactic only one person could really get working, not very universal if you catch my drift. Still, that is just me, and a very good job well done getting Hannover to 3rd in just your second (or 1 and 1/2 seasons? ) season. Just a bit too complicated for my liking.

Yes it is fairly weird setup. I find you need have good wing backs and the left striker needs to be all around good attacker (crossing, dribbling, pace, etc). As for the other players they are fairly average. For instance my AMC/MC are fairly average but they get very high average ratings/goals/assists.

Archived