laptop advice

Firstly apolligies if this is in the wrong place but i'm looking for a new laptop, the only reason i ever go on my laptop is for Football Manager so hopefully you guys can help after this year's graphics etc was too much for my old laptop or maybe it's just naturally ruined from my temper.

Anyways anyone who could help me it would be really appreciated, i've found 2 so far that to me seem like they would run the game comfortably, would just like some opinions on which would be best.

1) http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/519421/?cm_sp=FeatureEnd-_-Laptops-_-position1

2) http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/519995/TOSHIBA-L300-217

Apolligies again for bad spelling ( i try my best) & sorry again if people feel i'm blocking more important threads, however this one's important to me, much better then the where can i get the patch? how can i download the patch? and when is the demo out? threads that will pop up soon ;)

Edit: Also anyone else who can reccomendother laptops would be nice aswell :) limit of around £500 to spend. Thanks in advance.

I'm quite cunning as I work part time in a computer shop putting togheter custom made laptops.

Do you have any requirements, such as BLUE RAY player? Screen size? Hard drive size? Etc

When you have replied I will assist you with your problem,

/Matt

Cheers for the reply Menion && Mattswe86.

Basically requirements for me would be a decent hardrive to keep my itunes libary on to & game saves really.

Only games i play are the football manager series so i'm not sure grapchics is to important.

A fast processor would be handy too as i normally run Fm09, Itunes, Msn & Firefox whilst playing and speeds can be slow sometimes & leading to programs not responding. Thanks in advance :)

I recommend this, "HP NG444EA" for £439.99. It has a 15.6 screen.

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/516279/HP-NG444EA/tab/specification#spec

Why?

It has a top notch processor, capable of running 32 and 64 bit applications, 64 bit will most likely be standard in the future, and that includes FM too.

It has 3GB of ram, which is not perfect, 4gb would be perfect (32 bit operating systems utilitize 3GB, 64 bit can utilitize more, 32 bit is standard today), however the laptop comes with a 32 bit windows vista home basic installed, which is a 32 bit system that cannot make use of more than 3 GB anyway.

250 GB HDD!

The memory modules were 1 x 1024 MB + 1 x 2048 MB which means that you can, eventually in 2-3 years, when 64 bit operation systems and programs most likely are standard, upgrade your ram by taking out the 1024 piece and adding another 2048, bringing it up to 4000+.

Finally, it has a NVIDIA GeForce 8200M, a onboard graphic card without dedicated memory, it shares with the internal memory up to a maximum of 1407 MB. The chip is good, and it is known as a mainstream product in class 3 (class 1-6, 1 being best, 6 being worst). You can easily play the 3D matches in FM 2009 and future versions if the development continues like this. When you recieve the laptop, limit the video memory to a maximum of 512 MB or so. Of course you can also watch movies etc, no problem.

Final word, when you recieve this laptop, it only comes with service pack 1 installed, make sure the first thing you do is download the windows updates and installing any virus program you might have.

Haha and yeah, forgot, this laptop will run your FM2009 and previous versions perfect and you are likely to notice a huge difference compared to your current rig. Enjoy = )

Archived