FM09: Offical MK Dons Thread

Biddy

mk_dons.png

Welcome to the MK Dons Thread for Football Manager 2009. I have chosen to do a thread on MK Dons as i believe they are a good challenge, bringing them up from League 1 to the premiership and beyond. Also as a relatively new club you will be able to make history and become a club legend in a very short space of time. Also not to mention a brand new stadium holding 17500k with the prospect of 32k. I am not an MK Dons fan, so i appoligise in advance if any information is wrong.

Milton Keynes Dons Football Club (usually abbreviated to MK Dons ) is a professional football club founded in 2004, based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. They are playing the 2008–09 season in Football League One, the third tier of English football. The side's home ground is the stadium:mk in Milton Keynes.

The club was relaunched under its current name on 21 June 2004, nine months after the then Wimbledon F.C. moved to Milton Keynes. Milton Keynes Dons is legally a continuation of Wimbledon F.C., however after negotiation with the Wimbledon Independent Supporters' Association, mediated by the Football Supporters Federation, the club agreed to return the trophies and memorabilia of Wimbledon F.C. to the London Borough of Merton, and to make no claims on the history of Wimbledon F.C. thereafter. This step was taken in part to ensure the recognition of the Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association by the Football Supporters Federation.

Club Information

Full Name: Milton Keynes Dons Football Club

Nickname: The Dons

Founded: 2004

Manager: Roberto Di Matteo

Major Rivals: AFC Wimbledon, Wycombe

Affiliates: None

Club Legends: None (it could be you!)

Clube Icons: Paul Ince

Favoured Personnel: Clive Platt, Drissa Diallo and Sam Baldock

Media Prediction: 19th

Club Captain: Dean Lewington

Stadium: Stadium: MK, capacity 17500k, with under soil heating.

First Team Squad

GK:Willy Gueret, Nathan Abbey

RB: Carl Regan, Jude Sterling

LB: Dean Lewington

CB: Danny Swails, Sean O'Hanlon, Miguel Angel Llera

DM:Flavien Belson(on Loan), Paul Mitchell

CM:Peter Leven, Aaron Wilbraham, Kevin Gallen, Alan Navarro

RM:Mark Wright, Jemal Johnson, Craig Dobson

LM:Florian Sturm

ST:Tore andre Flo, Ali Gerba, Sam Baldock

Formation And Line-up

The below line-up is what i personally think is the best line up and formation with the current squad.

Playing a simple 4-4-2 formation.

GK Willy Gueret

RB Carl regan

LB Dean Lewington

CB Miguel Angel Llera and Falvien Belson (can also play CB but prefered pos is DM)

RM Mark Wright

LM Florian Sturm

CM Peter Leven and Aaron Wilbraham

ST Tore Andre Flo and Sam Baldock

As you can see from the line-up and squad, MK Dons don't have a very strong squad, although will most probabl;y meet the boards expectaion of consolidation in the league. Although a few players in the right places could change a bottom of the table club into a play-off pushing squad.

There is a fairly healthy transfer budget for this division ranging from 200k up to 300k depending on what expectation you choose at the begining.

The areas i beleive that need strengthening are GK, RB, CM, LM, ST. For GK your best bet is to either scour the free transfers market or the loan market, I managed to bring in Yannick Quesnel, free transfer, and has played fairly well up to xmas. For RB i recommend Alan Maybury, Free, or Seamus Coleman from Sligo Rovers, around 8-10k. For CM, LM and ST, your best bet would be to bring in a loan deal from maybe your parent club. You can get some good parent clubs, such as Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham etc.

Other Players worth taking a look at and signing.

Joseph Ndo-free- end of contract end of Dec 09.

Miguel Rebosio- free- end of contract end of Dec 09.

Seyfo Soley-free

Also players that are worth selling wold be:

Nathan Abbey 10k- sell if you bring in another GK as will free up wages.

Carl Reagn 10k- as above

Jude Sterling-10k- as above

Jemal Johnson-20k- if you bring in a winger from your parent club

Kevin Gallen-20k- faily old and will free up alot of money for wages

Paul Mtchell-3k-not good enough for this division.

I wish you all good luck to those who wish to take up the MK Dons challenge and become a legend at the Stadium:MK.

i would recommend taking a look at teams in Ireland, i picked up a few from bohemians who helped greatly, McGinn (although would have to be pre 9.0.3 because IIRC hes gone to celtic), Jason Byrne who was a legend, and a few others.

Would also repeat what OP said, to get yourself a parent club straight away, Milton Keynes being where it is means you can get some good London based prem clubs (West Ham, Fulham, Watford, Spurs etc) who have some good players you can loan

• 1 month later...

I just started with MK Dons and am playing a 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers. I've brought in a couple of players but I really need a new centre back and right full back. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I just started with MK Dons and am playing a 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers. I've brought in a couple of players but I really need a new centre back and right full back. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Which patch are you playing on?I would recommend Seamus Coleman pre 9.3 patch. Will cost a max of 40k and is solid as a rock in league two. For centre back look at miguel robosio. should be available on a free around xmas/jan in first season. Again solid as a rock and an experienced international.

• 1 month later...

Need RB - In my 2nd season

Just promoted into championship.

Got around 1m to spend with 10k to offer on wages.

I'm trying to get rafael on loan from Man U to no avail.

Also trying for Marvin angulo borbon but can't get a wp.

Any Help Is much appreciated :D

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived