Mac users? Can you help?

hey there

i have got the game installed onto my computer and i can play it but when it gets to the first friendly then it starts the match then crashes?! and then wont do anything?

can anyone help me?

i havent even registered my code anywhere?

REALLY?!?!?!?

That is Pathetic!!!!!!!!

its so annoying when you have the game pre-ordered for months, get two copies. one for yourself and one for your friend who has a windows computer and then he is playing it all night whilst i'm sat here waiting!

this is pants

:(

i have recently just bought a brand new Mac mini and i have upgraded alot of the stuff! so more memory, more ram and bigger HD. i also have a Macbook and it doesnt work on here neither.

you got a mac bucket?

and its pathetic L1GhTz because i'm sat here waiting whilst my mate who i bought the game for is sat at home playing it!

Think you'll need to turn off (untick) ENABLE 3D in the preferences, 3d might be causing the crash, you'll have to suffer in 2d mode until the patch comes out... try this, I had to do this to play the demo on my laptop. Crashed every time

I tried to play matches in 3D. Not ideal I know But hope it helps!

the clicking doesnt work when playing it and the game really has a mind of its own when clicking and it wont let me click on other stuff

That's another thing that the patch will fix, i can play the game but i'm not going to play a game where the mouse has a mind of it's own:P

Stassy - your new mac mini presumably has he Intel GMA950 graphics accelerator; afraid it's never going to be up to 3D, no matter how much memory you cram into it, or whether you patch the game (look at page 4 of the FM09 manual where mac requirements are listed).

Same probably applies to your macbook.

urm, i dont know much, well anything, bout whats gone on 2day, but is every1 finding that the ctrl click way of right clicking causes what i click on to get stuck as the cursor and i cant then click anything else? is this happening 2 every1? and is this patch thingy (whats a patch btw?) gonna fix that?

hey there

i have got the game installed onto my computer and i can play it but when it gets to the first friendly then it starts the match then crashes?! and then wont do anything?

can anyone help me?

i havent even registered my code anywhere?

Exactly the same for me. I can say with complete honesty that this is the first time I've ever seen my Macbook crash, forcing a reboot!

Rebooted three times now. Each time, even when I go for Low quality and take out stadiums, player names etc, it still just gets to the loading screen then doesn't do anything.

It astounds me that this wasn't tested!??? Surely somebody must have loaded the game on a Mac before it was released? It's just such an awful fundamental error, words fail me.

Unbelievable!

I've installed it on my mac (PowerBook G4), all went well. When I double click on the icon to start the game I get the black loading screen, which then turns to a beige/grey blank screen. There are icons there (as I move the mouse it changes from an arrow to a finger) but I just can't see anything. I have to hold down the off switch and shut down to get out of it. Anyone know how to fix it??

Arrid - what are your G4 specs? What OS?

Is this what you mean?

Machine Name: PowerBook G4 15"

Machine Model: PowerBook5,4

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.1)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.33 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1.25 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.8.6f0

Is this what you mean?

Machine Name: PowerBook G4 15"

Machine Model: PowerBook5,4

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.1)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.33 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1.25 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.8.6f0

Ok - I guess that means your graphics are handled by an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 64MB of VRAM. Afaik that was standard on this model.

Won't do 3D matches, I'm afraid.

All the old versions of FM were basically number crunchers. That meant that older machines could usually churn along and give you a game that was just slower than newer higher specced models.

Now there's a 3D display there's a minimum spec below which they don't churn at all.

Ok - I guess that means your graphics are handled by an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 64MB of VRAM. Afaik that was standard on this model.

Won't do 3D matches, I'm afraid.

All the old versions of FM were basically number crunchers. That meant that older machines could usually churn along and give you a game that was just slower than newer higher specced models.

Now there's a 3D display there's a minimum spec below which they don't churn at all.

So, does that mean I can't use the game at all? Or it'll just be slow (if I ever get it to work) and I won't get the 3d games?

So, does that mean I can't use the game at all? Or it'll just be slow (if I ever get it to work) and I won't get the 3d games?

Sorry - don't know. You're under the minimum supported specs, but you may find you can run 2d. I presume your machine has worked with older versions of FM?

Just have to accept that games are designed with a level of machine obsolescence assumed; when I had PCs(before I saw the Apple light) and wasn't buying top of the range, I'd expect to find games being released within 12-18 months that I wouldn't be able to run. Now i've got a 3 year old imac which is still brilliant at its office job, but no good at all for new games.

FM09 is on a newer laptop.

Archived