TV Deals for smaller leagues?

Hey all,

So, I've been following the Apex save by Work the Space on youtube and he's got a huge TV deal for the league.

I'm currently playing as Lillestrom from Norway, we get £40,000 per game and overall we got 3.6million. Although I had a decent run to the knock-out stages of the Europa League...

So the point of this post... is there a point at which a league will get a big investment from a TV deal? If so, what is it? :)

Gibraltar league is bugged - and a wider point on Work the Space is that he edited the Gibraltar database even more than the current buggy one (iirc it's a disclaimer in his video descriptions) so there's no telling what damage has been caused by that, but from watching his videos it loaded the dice firmly in his club's favour, certainly he boosted his own clubs facilities and possibly even reputation which skewed the speed at which other sides could progress relative to his (which might cause problems for dynamic league rep). I wouldn't trust any precedents set in that one, those edits will at the very least have made his TV deal come extraordinarily fast relative to even the vanilla Gibraltar saves. The GIB is an add-on release by SI but it's poorly researched and broken when folks do these challenges. Other ways it's broken are attendances for all clubs can outstrip population of the nation and the number of stadiums being built wouldn't fit into Gibraltar.

On your wider point though... I, finally, in 2049 won the CL in my Welsh league save. My latest TV money injection was £6000 for 4 games (6 thousand). You'd think in the 10th best league in the world that contains the Champions League holders who sell about 800 shirts a month (400 domestically!) would get more than 1000 people through the gate and a bit of TV scratch, but it simply doesn't work like that sadly :(. You might get a marginal increase over time but it doesn't seem to be linked to reputation of the league - possibly it's linked to league average attendance.

It's quite buggy system overall how it's allocated and I can't speak to any experience of the Swedish league but I've got an ongoing problem with how I've experienced TV deals in my current save and I've seen very few counter examples.

Ah that makes more sense then in regards to Work the Space and my save haha! Although I'm only 5 seasons in.

So, essentially, I'm stuck at whatever winnings I can get from CL each season, because I cannot sell out the 12,500 seater stadium we currently have and we get 40k per game thats on TV, I average 2 games per month on TV.

I certainly agree the league rep doesn't seem to make much difference, we've gone from 26th or so, to 14th with no change in attendance or TV money :/ a shame.

But still enjoying the save immensely!

Archived