Help With Background Please

Reliki

I am trying to change the background of a a base dark skin, yet even by placing a .jpg file with the name "default" into the backgrounds folder it has no effect within the game. I tried reloading the skin and using different images but I can't seem to find a way to change the background, if any of you would like to help that would be great.

There are instructions on how to enable background changes in the opening post of the Base Skins thread;

How To enable Background Changes

FM2016 supports background changes directly this year, if you are using the FMT mode skins you shouldn't need to do anything to get them working, however if you are using the full mode skins there is a file you need to edit as they have a solid overlay over the background meaning that whilst the background is displaying you cannot see it.

Inside the Base skin that you have downloaded you need to browse to these two locations:

\graphics\boxes\custom\background\

\graphics\boxes\custom\match\background\

And edit the paper.png file from each folder in an image editing program to increase the transparency of the image. The level of transparency depends on your preference as it is a balance between seeing the background and making the skin readable.

If you need further help on editing the transparency of the images then have a look at this guide - its for FM2015 but the editing of the graphics is the same.

Archived