Klopp's Inspired 4-3-3 for Liverpool

Well, I am sure many Liverpool fans would have been inspired by the 4-1 demolition of Man City at the Etihad on Sunday.

I tried to replicate that tactic on FM2016 and so far, it is working well for me although it's only 5 games into the season. Results so far has been encouraging and are as follows :-

vs Norwich (H) 1-0 Win EPL

vs Man Utd (A) 1-0 Win EPL

vs Arsenal (H) 3-1 Win EPL

vs Chelsea (H) 0-1 Lost EPL

vs Newcastle (A) 1-0 Win EPL

vs Marseille (H) 3-2 Win Europa League

I shall post up the tactic later but here is the brief description of the tactic :-

Attack mainly comes from the centre where I play a false 9 (Firmino is injured, but when Benteke plays, he will be played as a Complete Forward), advanced playmaker (Coutinho, he has been brilliant, 4 goals in 5 games) and an attacking midfielder (managed to sell Lallana for 40 million pounds to Arsenal and brought in Mithkirtayan and Alex Teixeira). The midfield consists of 2 roaming playmakers (mainly Emre Can, James Milner and Joe Allen) with a CM on defensive duty (Lucas). Both the fullbacks are CWB(S) and are excellent in providing overlapping runs and assists. I think both Clyne and Alberto Moreno are superb in their positions in FM16. Skrtel and Sakho remains my best centreback pairing.

The attacking thrust is very similar to what we see during the 4-1 demolition of Man City in real life. In my only loss to Chelsea, I actually dominated the first 30 minutes of the match with numerous chances but just couldnt find the net.

Watch this space! Klopp rules!

Archived