FM 15 - The San Marino Challenge

Garthy_1706

BANDIERA_SAN_MARINO.jpg

After seeing a number of people try the challenge on here I thought I would give it a go myself. At first I managed both the national team and the club team but after being hammered by England I decided that managing the national team wasn't my thing until I get some goo regens through. I hope to complete this before FM2016 comes out but I will continue with it regardless.

I am currently in February of the 1st season so most of the season is complete and the youth intake is getting ever closer.

You hope to complete the San Marino challenge before Fm2016 comes out, (in approx 10-11 weeks)?

That's pretty ambitious. :eek:

Good luck. :thup: I hope you have kissed the wife/girlfriend/kids goodbye and handed in your notice at work? :lol:

[Edit]

While there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting here in your own thread by the way, if you wanted to compare notes with others who are also doing the challenge then there is a thread in the Challenge Forum for the San Marino Challenge. It might be worth a look at least.

BANDIERA_SAN_MARINO.jpg

The first season is now over and what a great season it has been.

League

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_2.jpg

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_3.jpg

During the league campaign we had so many good wins. When the season first started we would only win by a single goal or would drop silly points but we got stronger as the season went on and managed to score quite a few goals.

Italian_Serie_C_B_Overview_Stages.jpg

All this accumulated in us winning the league title very comfortably which bodes well for us next season.

Cup

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.jpg

In the cup we just managed to qualify from the group on goal difference. The first few rounds weren't much easier as we won 2 of the first 3 rounds on penalties. The quarter final and semi final were relatively comfortable. In the first leg of the final we were poor but managed to score an away goal to limit the damage. We were much better in the 2nd leg as and it showed as we won 3-1 to win the cup.

C1 Serie Cup

Italian_C1_Super_Cup_Overview_Profile.jpg

The dream season fell at the final hurdle as we only managed 2 draws in the C1 Serie Cup to finish 2nd but I'm not complainig.

Player Stats

Squad_Players_Players.jpg

We had a lot of good performances this season but my one concern is that we had quite a few loan players that did really well. I just hope we can sign them again for next season otherwise we will have a lot of gaps to fill.

Just a little thing, but if you change the way you are saving the images you can make them appear bigger so that they are easier to see.

Congrats on the double but what was going on with the disciplinary? It's too small to see but it looks like 2 different players had loads of yellows, (Cammaroto & Benassi).

BANDIERA_SAN_MARINO.jpg

The 2nd season has been complete and it was very much like the first.

League

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_4.jpg

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_5.jpg

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_6.jpg

After winning promotion last year my goal this year was to stay in the division then maybe try for promotion the year after but as you can see from the results we exceeded expectations. We had a lot of good wins and scored quite a few goals. My one concern was my leaky defence which is something I will be adressing in the off season. Overall though another wonderful campaign. In the Italian Cup we managed to win through a round which exceeded board expectations.

Table

Italian_Serie_B_Overview_Stages.jpg

After all the good performances my players managed to end the year with silverware again by winning Serie B. I m certainly looking forward to plying our trade in the top division next year and hopefully we have enough about us to stay up.

Player Stats

Squad_Players_Players_2.jpg

I managed to sign the same players on loan again and they certainly delivered again to help us win the league. The board have given me £4.5m to spend and I have used that to sign most of the loan player to permanent contracts.

Unfortunately the training facilities have been downgraded this year so the money I could potentially earn over the next few years by staying in Serie A will help develop both the senior and youth facilities.

• 4 years later...

So I'm not sure if I'm expecting anybody to actually see this considering it's been so long since the last posts :lol:

After getting FM15 on release I completed my own challenge of taking Luton Town (newly promoted back to the FL) up to the Prem/Champs League etc I wanted a new challenge and thought I'd give this a go.

Now since starting I have realised that I made a few mistakes that have made this much more difficult for me, I was new to the editor etc and so whilst I did add Sammarinese players database and leagues I didn't make then playable leagues and I think this has hindered the amount of regens breaking into other clubs etc.

That said I've managed both the club and international teams from the start. I've not my laptop on me right now as came across this thread whilst elsewhere but here are some of the key points I know off the top of my head:

I'm currently into my 21st season (maybe 22nd)

Club:

Have won 5 consecutive Serie A titles

Have won 3 champions leagues (2 consecutive, currently top of group in search of 3rd consecutive)

New Stadium with 23,500 capacity (1 of my most frustrating sticking points)

I've won a hell of a lot of cups but cannot remember the breakdown :seagull:

I consistently promote youth players in search of San Marino international regens

At 1 point 3/4 of the Italian national team were from my youth development

International Side:

Qualified for 1 European championship (via play-offs after successful Nations League Div 4 win)

Currently ranked just outside the top 100

Rankings high point of 40 something ( I know I should know this but it was short lived)

Currently on course to win a Nations League Div 3 hopefully securing another play-off berth)

My biggest sticking point is the flat-out refusal of players wanting to play for San Marino over Italy. I had a youth player gone on to be a world class defender and best in the world however even at 16 he'd decided he would prefer Italy and went on to win the world cup with them.....Oh how it could've been

With so many refusing to play for San Marino but not good enough for Italy I had a balancing act of trying to cap willing players at 16-18 whilst also wanting to win with my experienced players

My other big frustration is players only going out on loan to Serie C sides when they could easily play in Serie B and then when I release them not finding clubs or even worse retiring from football at the age of 20!

What I have begun to do now as I'm getting frustrated with the lack of good players coming through is to stop signing players that are not Italian Home-grown and also promote enough youth that I can go down the Athletic Bilbao route of only HG players in the hope that a few SM nationals will break that team!

Please let me know if you want any screen-shots/updates or a more in depth list of achievements!!!!