4-4-2 ,exploiting flanks, need a feedback.

hi.currently I'm managing stoke city, I've been thinking about making a tactic for my team. at first season, I'm not that sucesfull. I'm on 14th position,my team morale is drop,and my job is unsecure.moreover,I'm unsure what should be my tactic.keep changing it from time to time,and no sucessfull

for 2nd season, I want to have 1 good tactic

here is my Goal

1. Play simple fast game

2. Exploiting the flanks

3. The goal scorer is my striker

4. winning as many header as possible.

I set up my team, in 4-4-2 formation. here are their role

GK (defend) Asmir Begovic

FB (support) Robert Huth , Marc Wilson

CD (Defend) schawcross

CD (Cover) Eden Alvarez Balanta

Winger (Attack) Arnautovic, Manuel Pasqual

Box to box midfield Geoff Cameroon , sometimes charlie adam

Deep Lying midfield (defend) Steven Nzonzi

Target Man (attack) peter crouch . sometimes using Complete forward bojan in this position

Defensife forward (defend) mame diouf or jonathan walters

I expect my team to exploit the flanks,using the pace of arnautovic and manuel pasqual. both are quick and good crossing ability. Peter crouch will be main crossing target ,as well as long ball from defence. Geoff cameroon are expected as well to become crossing target. While full back will support by crossing from deep. nzonzi will just sit back and launch direct pasing,either to the flanks,or to my target man.

In defence, Diouf,my defensife forward will help midfield by pressing the deep lying playmaker ,forcing him to launch long ball to my deep lying playmaker or central defender. made my formation become 4-4-1-1 in defence. My team play narrow, so that opponents midfield will find hard time and force them to play on the flanks,so that my defender alongside nzonzi will got easier time to clear off high ball.

For team instruction , I'm set them as counter - structured. Play narrower,exploit the flanks, pump ball to box,clear ball to the flanks, float crosses, Prevent short GK distribution.

For Player instruction, I just set my defensife forward ,close down much more, and full backs,cross more often.

need more feedback about my tactic, I'm still a begginner

I'm already in 2 match, both are draw. I noted few things

1. My right winger,despite good in dribbling (arnautovic), often dispossesed when dribbling the ball.

2.Both of my flanks crossing arent high enough seems.

3. My full back not cross as often as I expect, even later I set them drible less. they also often lost ball on the final third

4. Long ball from the back, also not high as expected. I expect the long ball is either chalenge opposition in the air , or the force my flanks to run. and its happen the opposite,its high on the flanks, so my flanks jump for heading the ball, againts opponents, while in center, my target man have to run chase the ball,but he's not fast enough

Archived