Been placed under a transfer embargo...

I've been doing a career as Blackburn since yesterday and so far I've reached January and I've got an email come through saying that the club have been placed under a transfer embargo: the thing is though I've been given no reason as to why this as happened.

The only thing I can think of is because the club has mammoth debt - I think it's around £174 million:

At the start I was given a budget of £250000 but the wage budget was in the red by around £100000 a week.

I've so far managed to go on a great run and currently sit at the top of the championship (on goal difference) I've managed to bring the clubs weekly wage budget right down and now have about 30000 a week extra saved in the bank.

The clubs owner has pumped in 3 million to help pay off debt, a sponsorship deal lasting a year has been secured worth £1500000 and monthly debt is starting to get paid off.

Yet even with all these improvements Ive been placed under a transfer embargo and I know nothing about a takeover as nothing has appeared on the news feed or in match interviews.

Anybody know why this is?

This is just an educated guess, so don't take my word for it at all, but they were placed under a transfer embargo in real life in the January transfer window. Could be they put it into the game too?

But as I said: it's a guess.

Edit: They didn't sign any players in the January transfer window that year on my save. Neither did Leeds or Nottingham Forest, who where the other two clubs to be sanctioned at the same time: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/11294009/Leeds-United-Nottingham-Forest-and-Blackburn-Rovers-placed-under-transfer-embargo-by-Football-League.html

Archived