New Stadium Problems

Playing as Wealdstone, a few seasons in, the board decides to build a new stadium. The process starts and shortly before the stadium is done, the local council refuses permission and the process stops (the bar goes red on the board discussions screen). So now, I have a massive loan I'm paying off, no new stadium, and no assets. Is this how its supposed to work, or is this game bugged? Cause its pretty much game over if I'm stuck paying off a loan for 20 years with nothing to show for it.

Cancellation happened to me in FM'11 with a new stand that was cancelled due to costs right at the end. £500,000 spent just for what was going to be just an extra 500 seats.

And then the next season construction starts again with a new chairman, yet the build starts from scratch.

Annoying, but I put it down to the old Chairman being a conman and moving out from of the clutches of the law in the Cayman islands.

I've played ahead into the next season. We got a new chairman since the stadium cancellation, but we still have the loan. So I guess someone ran off with the 4 million. Amazingly serious bug never fixed, but it must be pretty rare. The red bar canceled status still appears on the board request screen.

Archived