No staff at Barcelona?

I'm playing with all leagues viewable and England playable. At the end of season 14/15 Luis Enrique is sacked after coming a poor second to Real Madrid by some 26 points. At the start of the Champions League Barcelona still haven't appointed a Manager despite Man. City getting upset with Pellegrini for expressing an interest in the job. The only staff they have is the Chairman, a couple of fitness coaches and a physio.

This situation offended my sensibilities, so. using the in-game editor, I sent Jose Mourinho to Barcelona, (he being unemployed having been sacked by Chelsea, tee hee). Four weeks on they still have no other staff, coaches, scouts, nothing.

Surely this can't be how the game should work? When I've resigned from a club in other games, the new man immediately brings in loads of staff, so the mechanic is in the game, so why is not working at Barcelona?

This is intentional with view-only leagues, they operate at a very basic level so that it limits their processing & memory footprint.

We are looking into ways of simulating more staff/player activity at the higher profile clubs without added to the processing & memory requirements.

Thanks Alex. I've just done a bit more investigating and all the Spanish clubs are light on staff. In my head I thought view only leagues would be properly fleshed out, which is why I always select all the leagues. Pleased you are looking at, meanwhile I shall make major leagues playable.

Archived