[FM15] A world tour - finding a way back home

wazza

As a retired Sunday League footballer - I am unemployed with no coaching badges ready to start a quest into football management. I will take any job from a Nation around the world including England, Scotland, USA, Belgium, Ireland, Argentian, Wales, Malaysia, Denmak, Hungary, Italy, Serbia, Australia to name just a few

sbogtd.png

I have applied some jobs:

n1xqna.jpg

However,

f5cach.png

So the story and my career starts here on a plane ride from England to Malaysia.

8zpo5g.jpg

w1zryp.png

STAFF

2lver6t.png

INHERITED SQUAD

15yyydv.jpg

9r6n1g.png

281how4.png

BACKGROUND

106ezol.png

bhzo21.png

FACILITIES

141nwk8.png

FINANCE

2zhpr8k.png

LEAGUE AND FIXTURES PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT

2cr1ppl.png

aa98wo.png

zv38nt.png

OVERVIEW

The squad is large and would need trimming down - there are far too many players and I am shocked at the amount !!

I have two fixtures to play in the cup at the end of the season I can use this to help me assess the squad prior to arranging freindlies for next season. The team look like they have not performed under the previous manager. It would be good if I could make the final or even win the Malayisan cup at the first attempt but we will have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

The journey commenced at Terranganu with my playing in the Malaysian Cup following the team progressing to the quarter final stages through the last manager.

The results where:

dpj021.png

Leading to the Final with a result of

24zyume.png

The work begins next season

TERRANGANU FOOTBALL CLUB

bi5xrn.png

SEASON 2014 - 2015 - Malaysian Super League

MANAGER PROFILE

10nduki.png

SEASON EXPECTATIONS AND MEDIA PREDICTION

Respectable League Position - Media Prediction 4th - 5-4 odds on winning title

This was changed to Challenge for the Title following being asked by the board half way through the season to change the expectations.

TRANSFERS

xnz21c.png

12675ev.png

KEY PLAYERS

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad - Midfielder - 26(2 sub) Appearances - 7.69 Average Rating - Scored 7 goals, 17 assists - Man of Match 7

Mustapha Dabo - Striker - 29 (5 sub) Appearances - 7.35 Average Rating - Scored 25 goal, 8 assists - Man of Match 5

Izzaq Faris Ramian - Striker - 16(10 sub) Appearances - 7.37 Average Rating - Scored 20 goals, 3 assists - Man of Match 6

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad - Midfielder - 26(2 sub) Appearances - 7.69 Average Rating - Scored 7 goals, 17 assists - Man of Match 7

TOP GOALSCORER

Mustapha Dabo 25 Goals

ASSISTS

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad 17 assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad 7 awards

TEAM OF THE YEAR

2hrhoh1.png

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

2ntzc5t.png

FA CUP

5orrzc.png

Final - Winners 4 - 0 Pahang

2ebfzu9.png

MALAYSIA CUP

Qtr Final - Lost 2-1 (agg) Pahang

(Did not meet board expectations of min Semi Final)

LEAGUE TABLE

2po7g5c.png

oqav13.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club            League               League Pos       FA Cup    Mal Cup                             Conf Cup        Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    Terranganu          NA                       NA              NA       Final                                                               
2014/15 Terranganu        Super League              3rd            Winners     Qtr                                             FA Cup win/qual Conf cup

BOARD END OF YEAR SUMMARY

9ixpfr.png

WHAT NEXT

I have signed a new one year deal with the club.

I have trimmed the squad down throughout this season, which will help on the wage budget as the squad I inherited had alot of deadwood in it and players who would never have played.

I am allowed 3 foreign players in the squad and wish to keep all 3 of them as they are extremely good players. I will need to look for new recruits in the Malasyian market and will attempt to persuade the best to come to my club. Throughout the season my top defender Vincent Bikana has asked for me to strengthen the team or he will leave. I have brought in new players to suit my budgets and what was available. However it looks as if Bikana will not be staying as he is still unwilling to sign a contract, due to the players I have singed not been good enough for him. He is one of the foreign players who I wished to keep but I look like I will lose him.

If all goes well I am aiming to have a good stint in the Conf cup and will attempt to win the league. Finances may be low the following season so I may have to wheel and deal in the market to get what I need. I do believe though that the squad I built last season just needs tweaking rather than an overhaul change with a focus on the defence

TERRANGANU FOOTBALL CLUB

bi5xrn.png

SEASON 2015 - 2016 - Malaysian Super League

Pre-Season Results

10xa39k.png

Pre season went quite well and I avoided major injuries to the team apart from Mario Karlovic who is one of my key players. He also missed alot of last season through injury so I will be keeping an eye on whether or not to keep him because of his injury proneness.

Finances

2hflw60.png

Board Confidence at Start of Season

211tekz.png

Board Expectations

2ibycsg.png

Media Prediction

70z5g9.png

Overview

Following Bikanas departure after him not renewing his contract. It has been difficult to get in another 'star' defender as nobody wanted to come to the club, this was due to the clubs lack of finances. I therefore believe my defence is weaker in the central area than last season due to this even though other recruits have been brought in. We will have to see how they perform. I have managed to strenghen the left side of the defence with a better player than what I had.

With the club losing money and me also having to possibly sell players it will be a tough challenge to meet the boards expectations, especially with the 'burden' of the extra fixtures the Conf cup will provide. Everyone will have to pull together at the club to achieve this

I just hope at the end of the season the chairman is understanding - however don't think he will be!!

TERRANGANU FOOTBALL CLUB

bi5xrn.png

MID SEASON OVERVIEW

301nkaq.png

SUMMARY

The team have so far played one game in the difficult Conf Cup group and have won it. This was in the same week the team who were unbeaten at that point lost to fierce rivals Kelantan. This result was most damaging as Kelatan were 2nd in the league and managed to close the gap of points between 2nd and 1st from 6 points to 3 points. The team suffered the continental hangover affect as in the first half they uncharacteristically conceded two goals and the performance was very poor. Even though we played better in the 2nd half they went down to a 2-1 loss. the teams confidence has been vastly affected by this and I need to pick it up.

Overall the first half of the season has gone well with the team perched on top of the league. As stated above the club finances are very poor - hopefully the Conf cup games will help boost the coffers - especially if I am successful. This wont help this season though as I cannot see any more money for transfers been available.

The good start in the league will have helped - however it will be difficult to maintain in the 2nd half of the season due to the extra fixtures the Conf Cup will bring as my rivals will not have these to play.

To meet all of the boards expectations (win the super league, get to the finals of the Conf Cup and FA Cup) will be extremely difficult with the current squad.

2afixl5.png

• 2 weeks later...

TERRANGANU FOOTBALL CLUB

bi5xrn.png

MANAGER PROFILE

ofod95.png

6fxopf.png

oj35lc.jpg

TRANSFERS

27x48rn.png

fcies1.png

FINANCIAL ISSUES

rrrpfc.png

2cehlip.png

KEY PLAYERS

Ismali Faruqi Ashari - Midfielder - 20(5 sub) Appearances - 7.33 Average Rating - Scored 13 goals, 6 assists - Man of Match 4

Ndumba Mackeche - Striker - 18 (7 sub) Appearances - 7.06 Average Rating - Scored 13 goal, 5 assists - Man of Match 2

Mahilli Jasuli - Defender - 17 Appearances - 7.37 Average Rating - Scored 2 goals, 4 assists - Man of Match 1

Muhd Ashaari Shamsuddin - Midfielder - 25 Appearances - 7.39 Average Rating - Scored 1 goals, 14 assists - Man of Match 1

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad - Midfielder - 20 (10 sub) Appearances - 7.37 Average Rating - Scored 9 goals, 10 assists - Man of Match 5

TOP GOALSCORER

Ismali Faruqi Ashar 13 Goals

Ndumba Mackeche 13 Goals

ASSISTS

Muhd Ashaari Shamsuddin 14 assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad 5 awards

TEAM OF THE YEAR

6h8509.png

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

257hcmc.png

CONF. CUP

Semi Final - Lost 4-3 (agg) Paxtakor(Did not meet board expectations of min Final)

FA CUP

353ctv7.png

Final - Winners 2 - 1 Selangor

MALAYSIA CUP

Semi Final - Lost 3-2 (agg) Darul Takzim

(Did not meet board expectations of min Final)

LEAGUE TABLE

2cdkidh.png

2cojtip.png

15fiznl.png

1zbwhfn.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club            League               League Pos       FA Cup    Mal Cup                             Conf Cup        Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    Terranganu          NA                       NA              NA       Final                                                               
2014/15 Terranganu        Super League              3rd            Winners     Qtr                                             FA Cup win/qual Conf cup
2015/16 Terranganu        Super League              1st            Winners     Semi                              Qtr         Did Double!/ChampLge qual                                                                                                                                                      

BOARD TAKEOVER

28v8tcj.png

2upfo2a.png

4rwdgi.png

HALL OF FAME

ilm9lk.png

2nm0ppc.png

WHAT NEXT

2w7law8.png

I believe that with the financial constraints and upheaval of a board takeover this season the team has performed miracles in winning the Double.

Hopefully, the new chairman will provide the required funds to extend the squad necessary for Champions League Football next season as I think it may be tough with the extra fixtures.

I need to renew the players contracts as I think this current team may go places and it will be interesting if they can defend there crown next season. A few player like striker Dabo are looking to leave the club but hopefully there £50k wages can be reinvested into a replacement.

All this success will be good for my career and I hope that larger teams may eventually come knocking on my door for my services. I would like the chance to manage possibly in Australia or the USA next and a successful campaign in the Champions League may help me achieve this.

• 1 month later...

TERRANGANU FOOTBALL CLUB

bi5xrn.png

SEASON 2016 - 2017 - Malaysian Super League

MANAGER PROFILE

2znyj5j.png

1zdsvom.png

20u5nv8.png

amw9s1.png

TRANSFERS

11vofb5.png

KEY PLAYERS

Mustapha Dabo - Striker - 24(6 sub) Appearances - 7.04 Average Rating - Scored 18 goals, 5 assists - Man of Match 4

Maxsius Musa - Midfielder - 15 (7 sub) Appearances - 7.25 Average Rating - Scored 4 goal, 13 assists - Man of Match 3

Mario Karlovic - Midfielder - 30 (3 sub) Appearances - 7.37 Average Rating - Scored 7 goals, 9 assists - Man of Match 3

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad - Midfielder - 25 (5 sub) Appearances - 7.39 Average Rating - Scored 4 goals, 9 assists - Man of Match 6

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad - Midfielder - 20 (10 sub) Appearances - 7.37 Average Rating - Scored 9 goals, 10 assists - Man of Match 5

TOP GOALSCORER

Mustapho Dabo 18 Goals

ASSISTS

Maxsius Musa 13 assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Mohd Nor Farhan Muhamad 6 awards

TEAM OF THE YEAR

vnlbfm.png

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

2us8vn6.png

CLUB FAVOURED PERSON

29p4xz4.png

ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

3rd Round Qual - Lost 1-0 A'erbin

CONF. CUP

2nd Round - Lost 3-2 Kanbawza

FA CUP

2nd Round - Lost 4 - 3 Pahan

MALAYSIA CUP

Final - Lost 1-0 (aet) Selangor

LEAGUE TABLE

b8kzzl.png

2aikfig.png

1567bj4.jpg

11b2rk5.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club            League               League Pos       FA Cup    Mal Cup     Champ Lge      Conf Cup    Achievements
2014/15 Terranganu        Super League              3rd            Winners     Qtr                               FA Cup win/qual Conf cup
2015/16 Terranganu        Super League              1st            Winners     Semi                       Qtr    Did Double!/ChampLge qual
2016/17 Terranganu        Super Leauge              1st            2nd       Runner up    3rd Qual        2nd    Won League/ChampLge qual                                                                                                                                                     

HALL OF FAME

xpdklh.png

2a6s8b5.png

MANAGER OF THE YEAR

2cdcyzt.png

WHAT NEXT

I believe I have taken the club as far as I can, it is very tempting to have another go at the Champions League and see how far I can get. However I believe I cannot strengthen the squad more than it is. Having snapped up the best Malaysian players and with only been allowed 3 foreign players in the squad I cannot see how much further the team can go. I am sitting on my contract to it expires and seeing what the board offers me - we are upto the wage budget limit and I don't want to lose any of the players so unless further wages/transfer money is given to me I could see me looking for another club. Depending if the board matches my ambitions will depend on weather I stay or not

28vd1j5.png

I would like to have a crack at the Australian or MLS league, but will see what job offers/interviews come up

• 1 month later...

o1k0k.png

2sa1kbc.png

2lkw3tk.png

eqpetj.png

STAFF

6y2psh.png

INHERITED SQUAD

2w2hoqt.png

24zjihf.png

BACKGROUND

2m6sl5d.png

FACILITIES

24gt95f.png

FINANCE

vfdna1.png

LEAGUE POSITION PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT

PREVIOUS SEASON LEAGUE POSITION AND MEDIA PREDICTION

nqtjys.png

o91tab.png

OVERVIEW

The defence appears to be the weakest part of the team and will need strengthening if possible. This may be difficult due to the finances and the salary cap.

I would like to give the squad a chance to see what they can do prior to making any rash decisions. However if the right players become available I will see what I can do with the limited budget that I have

The board have allowed me to progress my own development through expanding attending a training course.

309j449.png

• 1 month later...

PERTH GLORY FC

vore52.png

SEASON 2018 - 2019 - Hyundai A League

MANAGER PROFILE

aadvrp.png

120i2ig.png

To qualify from the Hyundai A League Regular Season and to win the Hyundai A League Finals Season.

Media Prediction 4th

TRANSFERS

287qekn.png

SQUAD STATISTICS

15h1h04.png

2itpml1.png

TOP GOALSCORER

Andrew Keogh 23 Goals

ASSISTS

Nebojsa Marinkovic 13 assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Andrew Keogh, Nebojsa Marinkovic, Eli Babalj 3 Player of match

TEAM OF THE YEAR

148md94.jpg

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

102ts39.png

ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

N/A

FFA CUP

3cuc8.png

LEAGUE TABLE

k9t9tu.png

1zdripu.jpg

29zr78i.png

Hyundai A League Finals

Wellington Pheonix Lost 2-3 Finals Elimination Round

CAREER OVERVIEW

[b]Season      Club            League               League Pos       FA Cup    Mal Cup     Champ Lge      Conf Cup    Achievements[/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 Terranganu        Super League              3rd            Winners     Qtr                               FA Cup win/qual Conf cup
2015/16 Terranganu        Super League              1st            Winners     Semi                       Qtr    Did Double!/ChampLge qual
2016/17 Terranganu        Super Leauge              1st            2nd       Runner up    3rd Qual        2nd    Won League/ChampLge qua

[b]Season      Club                League          League Pos    [/b][b]Final Series    FFA Cup     Champ Lge[/b][b]                    Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 Perth Glory        Hyundai A League         5th         Elim Rnd      Winners        N/A                  Won FFA cup/Champ Lge qual

MANAGER OF THE YEAR

I'm a little surprised at receiving this as did not achieve the board expectations in the league.

141qcfc.png

WHAT NEXT

157c9ae.png

Following signing my new contract I intend to improve the squad further if I can. The problem is the transfer rules as I am not allowed to sign Australian players from the same league. I have to look elsewhere, I find the majority of these are out of my price range. I can only hope that some decent players are out of contract so I can approach to sign

The team I have got are strong in attack, however this season we seem to have conceded alot of goals especially from winning positions late in games. I may have to look at revamping some of the roles to make us less open. I also will look at improving the squad with what players are available within my budget, especially as I will be competing in the Asian Champions League as well as the other competitions

During the course of the season I was surprisingly offered an international post of managing Japan. I turned this job down as I felt it would be difficult managing in a country where I could not watch the players. This though is showing how far my short career has come and I will look forward to more offers in the future and if a decent one comes along who knows?

Caught up on this quickly. You killed it in Malaysia and think you made a good decision to leave as you had done all you could do. I've always been a fan of Australia so looking forward to see how you do at Perth. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

SOUTHAMPTON FC

x3762h.png

SEASON 2021 - 2022 - English Premiership

MANAGER PROFILE

6s6il5.png

ka0nm8.png

2uos7t0.png

TRANSFERS

1z4er9s.png

23j5vzt.png

2h2e3yb.png

30ng47t.png

Staff

2s82s1t.png

SQUAD STATISTICS

jg7ivk.png

v7tow6.png

GOALS

Stephen George 45 goals

ASSISTS

Alper Ademoglu 16 assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Stephen George 7 POM

AVERAGE RATING

Alper Ademoglu 7.52

TEAM OF THE YEAR

1494h1j.png

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

sqtw7d.png

CHAMPIONS CUP

N/A

EURO CUP

1zbc6r9.png

CAPITAL ONE CUP

Quarter Final - Lost 3 -2 vs Chelsea

FA CUP

hx5f1e.png

The team broke the goalscoring record in this competition with a tally of 21

LEAGUE TABLE

2e34fmh.png

25usn5d.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

[b]Season      Club            League               League Pos       FA Cup    Mal Cup     Champ Lge      Conf Cup    Achievements[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16 Terranganu        Super League              1st            Winners     Semi                       Qtr    Did Double!/Champ Lge qual
2016/17 Terranganu        Super Leauge              1st            2nd       Runner up    3rd Qual        2nd    Won League/Champ Lge qual

[b]Season      Club                League          League Pos    [/b][b]Final Series    FFA Cup     Champ Lge[/b][b]                    Achievements[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 Perth Glory        Hyundai A League         5th         Elim Rnd      Winners        N/A                 Won FFA cup/Champ Lge qual
2019/20 Perth Glory        Hyundai A League         1st         Winners       Winners       Group                Won League/Grand/FFA Champ Lge qual    

[b]Season      Club                League          League Pos    Capital Cup[/b][b]   FA Cup     Champ Lge[/b][b]  Euro Cup                  Achievements[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21 Southampton       Premiership             5th         3rd Rnd     Runners up     N/A       N/A           Runner up FAcup/Euro cup qual
2021/22 Southampton       Premiership             3rd         Qtr         Winners        N/A      Winners        Won FA + Euro/Champ cup qual

TEAM AWARDS

6ykuf4.png

6qcec3.png

END SEASON BOARD CONFIDENCE REVIEW

34t7e5x.png

WHAT NEXT

We have had unprecedented success this season which gives a platform to build on and to strengthen the team ready for the Champions Cup. I see no reason and have told the squad that the following season we can fight and challenge for the title. I will need try and make Stephen George a permanent fixture at the club following his success this season.

The success of doing the double by winning the FA cup and Euro cup has brought interest for job interviews at Liverpool and Aresenal - both of which I declined as at the moment I wish to see how far I can take Southampton

The scouting knowledge has improved throughout the season

303e1ap.png

I have managed to introduce some young players into the team such as Rob Cooper, Leonardo Indias, John Robinson and Rob Gibbs which will help me fulfill a philosohpy from the board. I will attempt to increase there exposure to the first team throughout the following season to.

Archived