Football Manager on onlive

First of to siagames love the football manager series great games. unfortuinatelly for me my pc sucks/graphics card sucks and cant run any of the series past 2009 and i dont believe they play on linux either.

So i have stook to the handhelds for the past few years.

This leads me to my question. Is their any possibility that siagames would consider allowing the sale of Football manager 2014 on Onlive? if it did ever become available i along with many others would snap up a copy :) and would probably lose myself in the world of football manager again. It would help eliminate issues for linux users/poor specs user and for future games if this route was explored the databases would have a limitless potential ;)

Oh fair enough, my copie of fm 2009 when run through steam says uncompatable with linux. didnt realise the newer ones run on linux :-), still theirs no way my laptop will run fm2014

Ive used onlive since 2010 and even when it went bankrupt (company eventually got bought out and started again with a better buisness model) it still allowed users to play and use games they had previously purchaced.

Even games which licences expired years ago can still be used by users who purchaced the game. But onlive can not sell any more copies.

am personally never going to buy a good enough computer to run FM or any games cause there a total waste of money

What i like about onlive is i can play my steam games on the living room tv, then when my landlord comes home and puts the tv on i can carry on playing dead island moto gp (whatever pc game am playing) on my android tablet. Then when am on my lunch break at work i can play my pc games on my phone in the staff room.

I love hand held gaming and this is the way forwards makes a ps vita look so outdated when playing full spec pc games on the highest settings on a devise which cost a fraction of the price.

With internet speeds continually improving and more people and companies becoming more receptive to the cloud mentality it makes sence for gaming to jump on the band waggon.

Their was rumour in circulation a while back that the android series was going to be discontinued becasue of how increadably over siplistic it is to download an apk file for free. Their was a stat i read when fm 2013 came out on android that 75% of users where using an illigal copy (dunno how much truth is in that, but bet its not far off) Rather than discontinuing the android series it could make more financial sense to make the pc version available over the cloud significantly reducing piracy. sales might be reduced, but the users would be paying the cost of the full pc game rather than $4 for the mobile version or illigally downloading the mobile app.

Also their saving time and money not having to develop a mobile app. Sigames just sell the sales licence to onlive (or another cloud company) for a year and on to of that recieve games sales from customers.

Its a pipe dream i can only wish for but over on the onlive communitys their appears to be a lot of FM fans who wouldnt batter an eye lid at purchacing the game if it was available

Its also interesting to see how many of onlives inovative features back in 2010 have made their way onto the ps4 and xbox one. And how sony suddenly bought up Gaikai just as it was set to seriously compete with onlive. Sony paid over $300m for gaikai. The big guns know they are onto something.

Archived