FM 14 Dave's sunny South Shields story

Vipertitan

SouthShieldsFCBadge_zpsb9a6ac81.jpg

History of the Club

Reports in the local Gazette suggest that the South Shields team's first recorded result was a 2–1 win in September 1889 against Gateshead Albion, though mention was made of three games the previous season. South Shields Athletic formed in 1897 to play in the Northern Alliance, but folded in 1902.

South Shields Adelaide, nicknamed the Laddies, was formed in 1899 by Jack Inskip, and after joining the Northern Alliance, moved to the North Eastern League in 1908–09, becoming a limited company. "Adelaide" was dropped from the name in 1905. In 1913 the club unsuccessfully applied to join the Football League, polling no votes.

In 1919 the club contested the post-war Victory Shield alongside Newcastle, Sunderland and others, and was elected to the extended Football League Second Division in 1919–20 with 28 votes. Its first League game was a 1–0 defeat at Fulham watched by 20,000 spectators, but although the team frequently attracted big crowds, playing success proved elusive.

The club was relegated in 1928, and after two seasons in Division Three (North) the club folded in 1930 - despite finishing seventh - and was taken over in its entirety by Gateshead.

Honours and League Record

North Eastern League/Northern Counties league

Champions 1913–14, 1914–15

Runners-up 1912–13

Football League

Division 2: 1919-1928 (9 seasons)

Division 3 (North): 1928-1930 (2 seasons)

Highest League Position: 6th, Division 2 1921-22

Lowest League Position: 10th, Division 3 North 1928-29

Club Details.

Nickname: The Mariners.

Chairman: Sean Searle.

Stadium: Filtrona Park.

Year Founded: 1974.

The Kits.

2w3azcj_zpscf4ab6ed.jpg

Game Setup

England- English county level only and above above thanks to English Lower Leagues Level 12 Database for FM14.

Please comment on my South Shields story. I would love to here your feedback and suggestions on how can i improve my story thanks for looking at this too.

The Mariners appoint David Clarkas manager on a rolling part time contract he is pleased to be managing his home town team, his aim is to try and take the club as high as he can and see were his career go. With this being his first team in management the board are keen to help him as much as they can.

General Infowith us have rivals such as Jarrow and Hebburn i will be looking to beating these as much as i can.

Club Profile not much going on but i hope i can change that.

Manager Profile I've went back to my roots for this one.

Squad - I'll be looking to bring in a new bunch of players as soon as possible.

Facilities- not grate but playable pitch so should be able play decent football.

Finances - £55k in the sounds like a lot hopefully i can try sort that out.

My Aims

to try take South Shields all the way to the Premiership Glory and champions League. 'll be looking to complete my seasons quickly.

Archived